Issue on Saturday Night (UFC)

BigTimMN

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 29, 2006
Ok, a quick background, a few months ago we disconnected our home phone to save money, and have been paying the $5 a month for not having our dvr hooked up. I wanted to watch the UFC(HD)pay per view , and knew i would probably have to run an ethernet cable to purchase it, but then i found online i could order it which i did. the 94XX channel showed that i had purchased it, and told me to tune to channel 548 to view the fight in HD.

an Hour before the start of the event (and my guests arriving) i went to tune 548 to see if the presell videos have started, i could not find 548 on my system, it wouldnt go to it. I noticed that it said on the 94xx channel that it started 1/2 hour before the fight, so i did a check switch and decided to wait it out till then.

at that time, its still not available, I was fuming, and ddint have the patience to deal with Dish, so my wife called in to see whats going on. First they tried to tell her we probably didn't have the right dish, I have ordered 3 previous HD UFC Pay per views, have a Silver HD and have no issues on getting any channels. They then had her go thru the check switch again, which we did, and it still didnt find the channel we were directed to on the slate on 94xx. He had her go thru about 4 or 5 other things, it was now 15 minutes after teh start, and i and my guests were getting restless, I then asked her to have him authorize us for the SD version as we could see the channel that is on, which he obliged, and cancelled our HD order. We then got to watch the night in SD, which was better than nothing, but still highly aggravating

My questions are, does anyone have an explanation as to why i couldnt get that channel? Has this issue happened to anyone before? Why would they authorize one channel and send you to another to watch it?

I want to have some more information before i call back to customer service to complain further on this issue, and see what stories they tell.

The HDPPV for events was changed 4 months or so ago down from 9467 to 548. I guess to make room for SPEEDHD and others

HDPPV 9467 and 548 both were/are on 110 T13 and 72.7 T17.

right, but my system could not find 548, even after 2 reboots/check switches, i was authorized for the ppv, the service rep saw i ordered it, but it wouldnt find the channel no matter what we tried.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)