Issue with skip forward and pause - Hopper

andreah1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 28, 2005
For approximately 2-3 weeks now I've had a problem with skip forward and pause on my hoppers. Not a hopper 3, I guess a 2? My remotes are 40.0. Here's what's going on - I have two hoppers, if I access and watch a program from the opposite hopper when I press skip forward to go thru commercials it only skips approx. 10 seconds at a time - so instead of pushing the button 5 or 6 times I have to press it 25 - 30 times! And if I press the pause button it will pause for about 3 seconds then start playing again. I also was having a problem stopping the recording and had to turn the dvr off completely and turn it back on to get the recording to stop but that seems to have cleared up for now. I have tried resetting, unplugging, taking the batteries out of the remotes, replacing the batteries. I'm at a loss. I thought it was a remote problem but if so, why would it be happening in both rooms when accessing whichever dvr is opposite? I have 4 remotes and they all are doing the same thing. Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks!

Reactions: dweber
Against our will. If I had the option, I’d still be using the ore CUI software, which was more reliable and had more features.

I like that- “cooked up.”

Reactions: les.warden
There’s that dreaded word “soon.” As in “Dish soon.”

They can see what changes they made. It should be simple to narrow it down to which one busted the functionality. And then fix it.

I am not stupid, and I certainly am not ignorant of the software development process. I DID this for a while in the Navy. Have they no controlled process? Do developers not submit their product to a QA team, who are the ONLY ones to allow its incorporation into the final release?

Or are they like Microsoft in their earlier days, anyone could slip anything into the release? And undocumented.

They can see what changes they made. It should be simple to narrow it down to which one busted the functionality. And then fix it.

I am not stupid, and I certainly am not ignorant of the software development process. I DID this for a while in the Navy. Have they no controlled process? Do developers not submit their product to a QA team, who are the ONLY ones to allow its incorporation into the final release?

Or are they like Microsoft in their earlier days, anyone could slip anything into the release? And undocumented.

Spent the last 5 years in the automation group at Nestle R&D doing PLC programming and HMI development for our pilot plant. If a software change caused some unintended problems, we would scan the changes and fix the problems. The Dish software team should be able to do the same. They just have not made it a priority.

Reactions: navychop

Dish soon is like drug dealer time...

"How much longer?"
"10 minutes, I'll be there...."
(1 hour later) "How much longer?"
"I'm at the light...."
(2 hours later) "Are you still coming or what?"
"Yeah, I'm on my way, now....."

Anyone heard an update on this? Still doing the same thing, had hoped the software would have been corrected by now. Really getting irritating. :(

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts