Issues activating 301 reciever

TheTick

Original poster
Sep 6, 2005
Hi,

My 508 harddrive crashed and am waiting for my 508 replacement. In the mean time I wanted to enable my old 301 receiver that was last used in 2004. After a firmware update to P450 and check switch 119,110,61.5 are listed as good status. I can see the dish home (100 and 101), 9900 (Dish 500) 9902 (61.5 sat), NASA and Angel One. All my other channels are eitrher black or not shown.

I called dish 3 times now, went through the usual debug for about half hour each and they just keep telling me my receiver is broken which I don't think is the issue. They state they attempted a reauthorization , but has not worked. Any ideas what to do or what I can say to the cluesless CSR who just wants to replace my receiver.

Also my authorization card is same type of card as my crashed 508.

Go to your TV, press the 'menu' button on your remote twice. Then call Dish again and tell the CSR that your DNASP version is waaayy out of date. If they have any clue, they will know what to do.

are you sure it has a updated card?

I have to laugh because my grandma went through this same thing. Couldnt get any channels and they told her they need to send a new box out....funny the box worked fine until that stupid card swap she had to do...now new card died a day after it was put in and the old card wont work

Sorry I was speaking to tech support at least that what I asked for with automated phone response. Anyway, the last guy I talked to said he did not know what the DNASP was and that my receiver is broken. I insisted to talk to the supervisor and he also just said the receiver is broken. :mad:

I had to mention switching to FIOS which is looking very tempting ,so Dish is sending a technician tomorrow at no charge to replace. I also had my 508 replacement waived by mentioning FIOS. :)

You need a new Smart Card. Yours is out of date.

Probably faster just to have the tech replace the whole 301 rather than wait for a new Smart Card in the mail.

Thanks!

After playing roulette with dish techies I finally got a technician who agreed the smartcard needed to be replace. The techie said since my 301 receiver was not activated since 2004 the smartcard update was not flagged. All makes sense now , but I would have expected the "normal" debug procedures included to check the smartcard firmware version (DNASP).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)