Issues finding satellite

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JBW

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 1, 2018
NE Texas
I got everything for the satellite end and is having issues finding the satellite. Satellite finder is hitting satelitte but the receiver is not (zero on everything). Any ideas? The satellite that I think I am hitting is Eulesat 117 A.

Did my install on Wednesday. I found that it was necessary to back and forth between the connect dish and the signal strength pages to get the signal to show on the bars (up to 15x before the signal would register in at 99/85). I'm starting to think I have a bad receiver even though it's working - just no program guide (yet).

The signal would be at 0/0 until finally popping in at a steady, rock solid 99/85 after many back and forth attempts.

Did my install on Wednesday. I found that it was necessary to back and forth between the connect dish and the signal strength pages to get the signal to show on the bars (up to 15x before the signal would register in at 99/85). I'm starting to think I have a bad receiver even though it's working - just no program guide (yet).

The signal would be at 0/0 until finally popping in at a steady, rock solid 99/85 after many back and forth attempts.
Ok I tried that and still nothing. I got a new signal meter coming in on Wednesday. Will update then. Thank you

I got everything for the satellite end and is having issues finding the satellite. Satellite finder is hitting satelitte but the receiver is not (zero on everything). Any ideas? The satellite that I think I am hitting is Eulesat 117 A.
After your receiver is activated, it locks the signal easy the next time you point the dish.

Sent from my SM-G955U using the SatelliteGuys app!

I finally got it to work yesterday. I was using the wrong skew on the lnb and using a compass on top of a metal roof does not work well...
Thank you for the replies and so far everything is working good. Got a SM of 54 and a signal strength of 85. Could possibly tweak it for better numbers.

Just installed my orby system and it is a beast to get any signal with the orby dish. i either would get 95/88 or nothing. even though my pole is level the elevation setting i got from orby was a few off. I had to just move the dish slowly up and down and back and forth to finally zero in on it. It took forever. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)