Issues loading Files on my Openbox s9 HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Vallenato

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 25, 2011
America
Hello Everybody
I got an Openbox S9 HD Receiver. This came with the satelite list from Europe.
I did load the file HD2 _America file to get the America satellite list and I got it, But the network set up Icon has dissapeared..

I did load the last version (8-30-11) of the openbox file with the intended to get the network set up icon and I got it, but the channel list again is European channel list.:confused:....SO

What I need to do to get Network Icon and American channel List on my set Up?
I need to load Both Files at the same time or what??
thanks in advance:)

Sounds like you need to edit the factory channel list and make it what you want using the Editor. Using that you can delete and add sats and make sat names that better suite you, etc, ie, I renamed all mine using the degree location in the arc first. They look something like this, (58W_Intelsat_9_Ku) and so on. That way even if the name of the sat changes in the future I still have the location and that makes it easier to see where I am. Once you get the list the way you want it, make a copy of it and store it on your computer or on a CD/DVD in case you hork up the one in the box. That way you can go back to the original if needed.

Install the HD2_America. Configure your box with your LNBs ports. Scan every sat. Once you have all your channels, all you need to do is make a copy of your channels and TPs info. That will be via Inserting a pen Drive in the USB slot, menu/Tools/Dump By USb arrow right to change to MISC Files. Picked the TP_ Prog with the OK button (a checkmark will appear) Hit the Yellow buttom. Now that you have a copy of your channels/Tps you can go ahead and install the 8-30 firm version. Once it loads the firm , go again to menu/Tools/ Upgrade by Usb, arrow right to change to Misc Files Picked the TP_ Prog with the OK button (a checkmark will appear) Hit the Yellow buttom. Once it finish hit EXIT twice , "No Channel" will apear, don't worry. Turn the on/off switch in the back of the box and let the box reboot. It will pop up on your channels ith the 8-30 firm. Good luck

Thanks Guys..So I am seeing to ways To do..
Sounds like you need to edit the factory channel list and make it what you want using the Editor. Using that you can delete and add sats and make sat names that better suite you, etc, ie, I renamed all mine using the degree location in the arc first. They look something like this, (58W_Intelsat_9_Ku) and so on. That way even if the name of the sat changes in the future I still have the location and that makes it easier to see where I am. Once you get the list the way you want it, make a copy of it and store it on your computer or on a CD/DVD in case you hork up the one in the box. That way you can go back to the original if needed.

Just to try to understand
On this way I do not need to load any file with american satellites, Just I need to re-name every American satellite from the Europe satellite list that I want and scan to get Channels and Tp's , configure my antenas set up and configure My Network and Done??? right??
On this way The Factory file (european Satellites) is enough to work up my receiver
What about the Files that are already posted with the intention to fix some issues are usable?
If in the Future I need to load any, I just need to load over the Factory File?
thanks Brother

Install the HD2_America. Configure your box with your LNBs ports. Scan every sat. Once you have all your channels, all you need to do is make a copy of your channels and TPs info. That will be via Inserting a pen Drive in the USB slot, menu/Tools/Dump By USb arrow right to change to MISC Files. Picked the TP_ Prog with the OK button (a checkmark will appear) Hit the Yellow buttom. Now that you have a copy of your channels/Tps you can go ahead and install the 8-30 firm version. Once it loads the firm , go again to menu/Tools/ Upgrade by Usb, arrow right to change to Misc Files Picked the TP_ Prog with the OK button (a checkmark will appear) Hit the Yellow buttom. Once it finish hit EXIT twice , "No Channel" will apear, don't worry. Turn the on/off switch in the back of the box and let the box reboot. It will pop up on your channels ith the 8-30 firm. Good luck
The Second Way and my other option:Just to try to understand So with this way My American satellites and channels and Tp's (already scaned and saved) will be inserted into the European Channels of the Firmware 8-30??..and Obvious my Network set up Icon will appear?..Right?
If in the future I need to add more American satellites to scan I need to Install the HD2_America again and follow the same instructions and Copy/paste my Satellites, Channels and Tp's on the Firmware 8-30 or the Original Factory European File??
Thanks Brother

Second Way:
Answer to your first question is YES. All your american sats, TPs and channels scaned and saved will be inserted into the euro firm 8-30. In the future you dont need to go back to the previous firm in order to add new sats just do so directly in your actual firm version which already has all the American sats in it. Note: Openbox has an amount of sats limit. If you are going to add a new sat and the system tells you that you reach the limit then you need to delete an existing one not in use or edit (rename) an existing one not in use.:eek:k:

Simple answer:

1. Load the America file and dump the tp list to USB.
2. Load the Euro file, reboot it.
3. Load the tp list you dumped and reboot.

Now you have the network icon and US sat list.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)