Issues with New update for the iPhone & Android SatGuys App

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same problem on my iPad. Anyone know if uninstalling and reinstalling will work like it did on Android devices?

Sent from my Xoom using SatelliteGuys

New SatGuys app problems

DO NOT UPDATE YOUR SATGUYS APP UNTIL THIS PROBLEM IS FIXED

I downloaded the update to my iPhone 5 today.

The good news- it uses the full screen. Nice opening pic of big dishes.

The bad news- pretty much everything else.

I tried to post a reply, got a string of error messages, such as
"Parse Error The remote server sent an unknown response. This could be a result of the forum software plugin being outdated. Tap the "report" button below to send this report to support for analysis. OK Report"
Tapping report sometimes makes the dialog box go away, but more often gives:
"ERROR Permission denied. OK"
Pressing the spot to reply only gets "subscribe to thread" "Refresh page" and "Cancel." No reply. So it thinks I'm not logged in. So I go to "Profile" and it says I must be logged in. But I go to "More" "Who's Online" and there I am, listed.

Under "Forums" and "Current" I use the top right drop down to get a "Log in" option, but I only get a "Logout" option. So am I logged on or not? Gee, I'm seeing imbedded ads, so I guess I'm moreoff than moron. ;)

So I "Logout." And get that "Parse Error" dialog box again. This time, no "Permission denied" box. But I still can't find a way to log in.

So I reboot my iPhone. Reenter SatGuys, and get the "Parse Error" box immediately. Said OK and I watch as it says "Logging in." And the twirling circle. And it stays there. So after a minute or so, I press the home button, then reenter SatGuys. And we're back to "Logging in."

Now I can't even read posts, much less log in.

I'm sure it's an app problem, not hacking related, because before I updated, I could access the site normally.

Any fix on the way? Should I just delete the app and reinstall? I doubt that will help.

Of course, the obvious question is: Has anyone else dl the app on an iPhone 5 with no problems?

Deleting and reinstalling won't help with the problem Navychop. I tried that but the problems mentioned persist. I agree with your post telling folks to hold off on updating. I am not updating my iPad until the app is fixed. I wish I could reinstall the previous version on my iPhone.

If you don't have iTunes set to auto update your apps, you should be able to delete the updated version from your device, then reinstall the older version from iTunes. Unfortunately for me, I auto update.

EDIT:

Auto update is for new purchases only. Not sure why it updated the app in my iTunes. Strange.

Last edited:
Count me in as someone who got bit by the "new and improved" app. The attached images are what I get when I launch the app.

(note: the images got reversed uploading using Safari on my iPhone 5)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 233
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 263
Could be part of the issues we've had since a hack attempts over the past few days. Also could be some server updates needed with the new version of the app. Either way it may be a bit before Scott gets time to work on the mobile app as he is off on a cruise.

If I may be the armchair quarterback, the App Update needed to be postponed until Scott was back on the Mainland. It seems something needs to be updated on the site before the updated App will work.

I usually update my apps religiously. Glad I saw this thread. I'll hold off now.

For now you can just browse/log in to the site via Safari/Mercury/Chrome/Atomic etc. ...

I was able to delete the app from my iPhone 5 and then synch the previous version of the Sat Guys app using iTunes on my Mac. Dodged a bullet there!

Old app still works (still has iOS6 bugs but at least it logs in...)

I almost accidentally updated, but I have a backup of the old app in iTunes if I need it :) .

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Could be part of the issues we've had since a hack attempts over the past few days. Also could be some server updates needed with the new version of the app. Either way it may be a bit before Scott gets time to work on the mobile app as he is off on a cruise.

The previous app version worked on my iPhone after the hack. I would lean more towards server updates needed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts