It Was 11 Years Ago Today...

Been with Dish for almost 6 years now. Started out with the 625 and the 322 then to 625 and 522 because I loved the DVR so much. And then to 722 and 625 when I upgraded to HD in 08 and then to 722 and 722K when I got a second HDTV. and now to 2 722K's and 1 211K when I bough my third HDTV. HD is great.:)

Been with DISH since 1/18/97 . Been with this site since it Scott started it. Had just about every dvr that DISH has had from the webtv/dishplayer to the 922 and now back to the 722k. Hope to be with DISH for another 14 years, if it still is around by then.

I signed up with Dish about the same time you did Scott. I had to wait to get 2 6000s for the install. They had just launched.

Look how clean everything looked back then. (lol) :rolleyes::D

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    114.2 KB · Views: 117
  • 2.png
    2.png
    72.8 KB · Views: 122
I don't remember the exact date but I think it was October 1997 for me. Started with a 1000 connected to a Dish 300.

Nov 98, 3000 receiver off of Ebay, installed myself. Primestar had no LOS so I used a shotgun to clear the top of a fir tree for 119. Bill was $21.19 a month. Times have changed!

Never had cable here, at 29 yrs, had C band then primestar then Dish at my parents. When I moved out I decided to be a rebel and had Direct for maybe 5 years, but in July of 09 I finally found my way home and got Dish back. A month following I got a job as an installer.

Got my first HDTV in 9/00 and a Dish 6000, the same month. Had Dish before that date, but do not remember what date that I switched from Direct to Dish. Was a Bud man for many years before that, back before HBO was even scrambled. Joined Sat guys one day after Scott started it.

I think he meant "1998" when he said "98". The 3000 is the receiver model he bought off Ebay.

Scott did you own a Web Tv? Yeah the dishplayer is what got me started with Direct Tv. Remeber those days in cust support for Web Tv then with Dish and Dish Player.

Congrats dbstalk and Scott!

Can't remember the exact time we first got dish we started with dtv then switched to dish.Then got all kinds of incentives to switch back to dtv lol.Then back to dishnetwork again.Been very happy with Dish ever since.

I do remember starting out with a 2700 and then adding a 3900,thought the 3900 was really something with the enhanced guide and open tv.I can also recall getting a dish 500 diy upgrade for $25 it was middle of January cold and snow blowing but it was still fun to install!

Was it just me or did the sd video seem so much better back then.:D

... I ordered my 2000 receiver from an outfit in Maine when Dish dropped their price to try to beat Primestar. Guess they did!. I had to install it myself.

Me too. Was this the place? GRADYS RADIO & SATELLITE TV

I don't think they've updated their www page in a decade.

In those days you paid less for the first receiver and it came with a Dish. If you bought a second receiver for your account, it cost a LOT more and no dish. As you say, installation by anyone else was not an option. I remember being out on the garage roof with a 13" TV out there with me displaying the Point Dish Screen. (No cell phones to use as a Walky Talky.

Me too. Was this the place? GRADYS RADIO & SATELLITE TV

I don't think they've updated their www page in a decade.

In those days you paid less for the first receiver and it came with a Dish. If you bought a second receiver for your account, it cost a LOT more and no dish. As you say, installation by anyone else was not an option. I remember being out on the garage roof with a 13" TV out there with me displaying the Point Dish Screen. (No cell phones to use as a Walky Talky.

I believe your right. I just had a neighbor watch the TV and shout to me as I tuned in the Sat while on the roof. I stuck with my 2000/1000 set up for years since they had a built in OTA tuner. I think I only upgraded when the 722 came out and I had an hdtv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts