It Was 11 Years Ago Today...

Gradys Satellite! Wow does that bring back memories... of the Tom and Darrel show. :)

TomCrown the DISHplayer 7200 had WebTV built in. :)

I actual go back to the mid 80's with Echostar. After a divorce in the mid 80's I had a BUD installed and had a HTS 5 then an HTS 9+. Had the 9+ till an electrical surge took it out and I got a 911 4dtv ird. Finally got rid of the BUD a year ago.

I believe your right. I just had a neighbor watch the TV and shout to me as I tuned in the Sat while on the roof. I stuck with my 2000/1000 set up for years since they had a built in OTA tuner. I think I only upgraded when the 722 came out and I had an hdtv.
I started with a 5000 and added a second 5000 from Gradys. Later, graduated to two 508s purchased from Price Club. Then a 942 and then two 622s and finally a 722k and a 622.

I absolutely love the 722k and it has been near flawless... except for the occasional early ending for recordings.

I actual go back to the mid 80's with Echostar. After a divorce in the mid 80's I had a BUD installed and had a HTS 5 then an HTS 9+. Had the 9+ till an electrical surge took it out and I got a 911 4dtv ird. Finally got rid of the BUD a year ago.
Man I remember repair more of the HTS power supplies than I could count over time. Anytime one of those things went belly (surge or not) it was the caps. Just never had enuff ventilation. Even if they had had a fan blowing straight on them they still wouldn't have had enuff.

Congrats Scott! This thread is very, very interesting to a newcomer like me. Satellite TV was always a dream for me, being I was an Audio/Video enthusiast, and I would read all kind of articles on it. In the 2 years I been with Dish I've been pretty happy, but a lot of that happiness comes from being a member of this forum. Scott and all the members have such a vast knowledge of satellite TV (and a lot of other things too). Just being a part of a forum like this gives you so much info that otherwise one would never known.
As a relative newcomer, I just want to thank Scott and all the members for the help and info your all put out there.:clap
Ghpr13:)

I started out with a Houston Tracker, but moved up to the Chapperal Monterey 95 when it came out. Great receiver with the 95. Had a lot of trouble with the HTS, but still having trouble with Charlie's receivers, but the 722K is working fine,so far.

Since 12/18/01. We picked Dish because they had a $10/month plan for the first year. Lucked out on that. Started with two 301s. Later got a 721 & 508. Now two ViP722s. Can't imagine not having DVRs or those great ViPs.

Here are some screen shots of the new born SatelliteGuys.US!

The homepage...
www.SatelliteGuys.US :: Real American Satellite Talk, For Real Satellite Guys!

The main forum index... (Wouldn't it be nice to have that number of forums again?!)
www.SatelliteGuys.US :: Index

Here are our stats...
www.SatelliteGuys.US :: Statistics

And a look at our memberlist... I am amazed and proud many of the folks on this list are still regular members who visit often!
www.SatelliteGuys.US :: Memberlist

How about our first look at the DISH 921 (Anyone remember them?!)
www.SatelliteGuys.US :: View topic - Exclusive: Scott Reviews the Dish Player 921!

Ahh memories!

When did you switch from phpBB to vBulletin?

Scott I know I was wondering if you came from web tv.

It was strange back then hearing from new subscribers to web tv, who have been with dish, telling my team how much better dish customer service is compared to web tv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts