Status
Please reply by conversation.

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
Monday there was a thunderstorm to make you notice. 75 mph winds and lots of lightning. The city suffered severe damage. Power still has not been restored to everyone. Twelve poles of a main transmission line were broke off. Trees are down everywhere. Including trees across the alley from me that were threatening to block my LOS. :) Bonus!! My power never went off and I had no damage. Just a lot of sweeping up of debris. Both my 10' c-band dishes came through without a scratch. :)

Glad to hear all is ok!

Same thing happened here back in the Spring, power was only off for a couple of hours.
It came up all of a sudden and everything was hooked up!!

I was fortunate it only took out two power supplies and part of my repeater system.
Which I have repaired sense then.

Well the power company finally showed up to fix the neighbors drop. One of the trees in his yard broke off and took out his power. I thought it might affect me too as we are on the same transformer. But the breaker on the transformer never popped. :)

Reactions: KE4EST
In my area we've been blessed where storms are concerned as we haven't had any bad ones yet this year. Last year and in a few previous years we've had some big oak trees blown down, one of which was within about 30 yards of my house but we haven't seen any structure damage from any to date! (knock on wood)

We did have some lightning damage back about 3/4 years or so ago though but a ground rod out next to one of my 10 footers seems to have stopped that. (fingers crossed)

Ennywho, Magic I'm glad to hear you came though this one in one piece!

Well back up the truck! I did get a little out of sorts with the big blow we had. I've been working an ASC1 positioner, checking it out real good. I noticed my C and KU peaks are not in sync anymore. I think flexing of the dish in the wind has tweaked the scalar out of position and the LNB feed is not pointed at center anymore. Well it's time for a tune-up. :) Start with perfectly pointed feed horn and a plumb pole and go from there. The most anticipated NCAA Football game of the year is Saturday, and it will be the only college football game on Saturday. Go Griz!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)