its a shame that the Customer Advocacy Team is now more; or am I wrong?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnner1999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
earth
Short Version of my issue :)

-- Had DirecTV and roof had major issues (some dish related some not) put direcTV on suspension till roof was repaired and removed some trees (this was maybe 3 months) while I used Cable.

-- Called DirecTV to extend for 2-3 more months; was told I should cancel as I was not 100% sure what I was going to do as I didn't want to bolt to my roof after it was replaced. and LOS issues were a PITA for me... said they would waive ETF and once I had LOS they would reconnect me with new dish and send back "my dvr's" (two HD DVR units)

-- Now last week I called asking about pole mounting in my backyard, I think a 2-3ft pole with a HD 3lnb Slim Dish would be best (my zip is 06010) and it seems all I would miss by not having a 5lnb was local SD and international which is fine as long as I get local HD. reason for no 5lnb is that the 110 and 119 sats are too low in the horizon and trees - but the other three per my trusty Android phone app seem just fine.

-- The rub -- the agent and supervisor said best they could do was $200 for restarting service which is for one of the DVR's and no promotional pricing (which I was still in prior to my suspended services. If I kept the hardware like I wanted this would not have been an issue. I feel like they "stole" from me Grrrr -(

Any suggestions? Or should I just pull up my big boy undies LOL

well I want to give credit or kuddos when due -- it seems that group is still part of directv and some one called me back today. Not the greatest offer.. but an offer.

One issue is that she said they would not allow a 3lnb slim line HD setup - must be all 5 birds or no signup ;-( this week-end I'll see what I can do.

StoneCold - thanks

I did and they contacted me. Maybe I'm taking it the wrong way and over blowing it.

From my point of view, I would of told you to suspend as I know I would of not been able to get you the two ddvr back on the flip side if I canceled you.

If someone tells me they want the service there willing to cut down /trim trees to solve an los issu I would say suspend over cancel but retentions kinda in a catch 22 , if they suspend you do nothing and then start complain about it auto unspspending in 3/4 months then they get into trouble if they cancel you they have this problem.

I was on a suspended status for 3 months -- and needed about 3 more months... I asked to keep the drv's :-( my fault.

well I figured its only $100 (I'll give up my morning iced coffee for awhile - it would most likly do me some good anyway)

BUT

when I explained that I could not have a clear LOS to the two birds at 110 and 119 due to being low in the horizon and some nasty trees. And I wanted a slim line 3lnb HD dish. I knew i would not receive SD locals nor internationals. The argent (who BTW was VERY friendly and really went out of her way to get me what I asked for! StoneCold I could PM you here name she really is it) that the installer could not install a slim line 3lnb only a 5lnb and could not set it up for only three sats. :-( so I did not close the door yet she will call me back in a couple weeks, and I'll go back out to see if maybe the app I used on my phone was not showing it correctly or maybe I can shift over a bit.

I could go to E* with eastern arc with ZERO los issues - but I do like D* better between less channel negotiation issues and the whole home dvr solution is perfect.

thanks again,
John

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)