It's about HD and Sports

barco13

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 19, 2009
Kansas City Metro
I was helping a friend decide on tv and internet providers yesterday and he was deciding between dish and direct. We had a spreadsheet comparing costs and even assigned a rating to some of the features.
He is like me in that he is fine with only having 1 hd streaming as kids usually use the second tv. He will not subscribe to Sunday ticket and doesn't really care about other out of market sports networks.
He is able to get the dish 250 for cheaper than the choice extra and have more channels.
It seems like the decision is really about 1. Do I need hd on every tv and willing to pay extra charges 2. Do I need extra sports channels?
Sound about right? I don't notice a difference between providers as I have had both (guide, pic quality, etc)

Everyone has their own priorities in the selection. Some want the claimed better HD picture of D*, the more sports channels especially in HD and like the idea of the MRV.

For me, I want a good picture, but am not hung up if it isn't perfect, my eyes certainly aren't. I want boxing and golf in hd, and neither one is better than the other. Although it looks like Epix is going to pick up at least one boxing match which wasn't true until recently. And I want more movies and scripted shows in HD. Dish fits me better because of my programming desires.

And the equipment fits better too since I know that I can record and archive shows/movies to my EHD and that it will still be there even if I have to replace my HDDVR.

Cost for me would be nearly the same regardless of which service I picked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts