It's Alive

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Brought my 8' dish back to life this evening... This was the First Satellite I found and the first channel In the clear...(attachment) I thought it was appropriate... lots of sparkleys. I tweaked until dark and my VCII is still alive as it picked up Cnbc...

Attachments

• Gene Scott.JPG
    Gene Scott.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 274
dfergie said:
Brought my 8' dish back to life this evening... This was the First Satellite I found and the first channel In the clear...(attachment) I thought it was appropriate... lots of sparkleys. I tweaked until dark and my VCII is still alive as it picked up Cnbc...

Thought it was just my mini-bud , but I guess not . Really is a weak channel ?

Wyr

Over 10 year old Lnb (25 degree) and Feed horn was ripped off of dish by a horse (good crimp's on coax) so it will take a bunch of tweaking... Not sure of the strength of the University Channel... VCII will only activate on channel 22 (cnbc)

Figures..I got him too!

dfergie said:

Congrats on getting the dish going again.

I got him too the first time I tried to get something in the clear UMPTEEN YEARS AGO!!!

THERE MUST BE SOMETHING ABOUT THAT GUY!!!
jeff

Dfergie,
Congrats on bringing the BUD back to life, must feel great to know it still works.

i cant wait for spring so i can hook up my 6' mesh, i think i am going to dedicate that one to FTA and use the 10' for 4DTV

dfergie said:
Messed with for a little while this evening got a few more sparklys out of Dr. Gene Scott but no VCII signal... They look strong...

Pretty much got the sparkles out of Dr. Scott & the VC 2 module wakes up on all channels . Right now I have a few sparkles at Discovery Channels AMC 10 analog . It is VC 2 , but they seem to have it in preview mode ? I am getting a picture and sound .

Probably need to tweek the dish some , to get rid of the sparkles .

Latter ,
Wyr

Scott Greczkowski said:
The Old Man in the Sky... Gene Scott!

He may no longer be with us but he is STILL the Old Man In The Sky! :)

Yes >>>>>
I remember when I used to tune up all of my customers BUDs using his face! :eek: I found it REALLY FUNNY when he would have his WHITE COWBOY HAT on with SUN GLASSES ON OVER those reading glasses, and smoking a big fat cigar while reading from the bible....... and preaching FIRE & BRIMSTONE >>>>>>>>>> LOL:up
Of course HE might get the LAST LAUGH!!!!!!!
BryanSR

Hooked up my Ku lnb... nothing where my dish is at on Amc 3 , Gene Scott was coming in with no sparklys... might play with tomarrow if weather is not bad... or hook up to my fiberglass which should be pointed at C1 and see what kind of reception I get :) Monday I should be getting in a DVB world USB receiver like the one in this thread http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=55482
can't wait...

Last edited:
Hooked up to my Old BUD getting the QVC channel very good moved across the arc to amc 3, nothing...pulled the kulnb and swapped with the 8' mesh dish as it seemed to be dead... both are 1.9 and the one that came from my 10' fiberglass was an Echostar :D also tryed my DVB USB box... no pic's yet... next weekend or so...

dfergie said:
Hooked up to my Old BUD getting the QVC channel very good moved across the arc to amc 3, nothing...pulled the kulnb and swapped with the 8' mesh dish as it seemed to be dead... both are 1.9 and the one that came from my 10' fiberglass was an Echostar :D also tryed my DVB USB box... no pic's yet... next weekend or so...

Dr. Gene Scott - University Network on TP 20 is just about the only full time in the clear channel on AMC 3 . Kind of weak & fuzzzy .

My VC II module shows a picture on CNBC . There are several " lower value " VC II channels , on different sats that I get a oicture .

All the " higher volue " channels , I get a nag screen telling me I am not subscribed .

This is an un-modified blue VC II module .

TP's 15 & 16 on G4 come booming in .

Wyr

WyrTwister said:
My VC II module shows a picture on CNBC . There are several " lower value " VC II channels , on different sats that I get a oicture .

Wyr
Battery might have died on mine... the other day Gene was coming in very good and it still would not activate on any of the VCII channels...

dfergie said:
Battery might have died on mine... the other day Gene was coming in very good and it still would not activate on any of the VCII channels...

Although Dr. Scott is not VC II , There should be several VCII channels on other sats .

When I was playing with the 90CM mini-bud , I thought my module was dead , untill I stumbled across a VCII channel and bang , the nag screen poped up , the VCII lite on the receiver came on . Up untill that time , the setup button on the remote did nothing , now it worked .

Often , I watch Discovery Channel , it is VCII , but it is " turned on " .

If your module is dead , they can be had on EBay for a reasonable price .

Wyr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)