It's amazing at all these no-nothings they have for SiriusXM "tech support"...

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I remember inquiring about the MiRGE radio that they carry, and NOBODY on the phone service knows anything about it, and one person thought I was talking about the merger between the two companies!!! I mean, what morons!! I also have called before about when Fox News Headlines 24/7 will launch, and prior to the lineup change NO ONE KNOWS, and after the lineup change everybody just assumes it's there, even though it states on the station it clearly states "coming this fall". Even when I ask for a more specific date, they say they'll just "refresh my radio", and then I say it's also on the internet radio, and that there are still promos on the Fox News stations stations that it's still on it's way. I even called about other stuff, and they know absolutely nothing!! The only reason I stay with them is that I like the stations that this service includes, but their staff KNOWS NOTHING and therefore their customer service is terrible. I'm sure other people here think they are no-nothings too, so thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKrell

If it weren't for SiriusXM Patriot/Patriot Plus, TheBlaze, the Fox News stations, CNN, the business radio, The Message, and several other stations I would. There's plenty I listen to and that's why I stay, but I'm just frustrated with their so-called "listener care".

I agree ...
The other thing is, every time I end up calling in I get someone eventually after a forever wait on hold that doesn't speak English.

Also I can't ever call in without them trying to sell me a new radio. Even after I tell them that I am fine with what I have.

Reactions: edisonprime
Can someone fix the title? I don't know what I was smokin'. It should say "know-nothings" not "no-nothings".

You make some valid points, but if there anything I’ve learned after keeping an key on technology over the past 15 or 16 years with various message boards, newsgroups and blogs, its that call center reps are usually the last to know anything. I’m not saying that it’s right or okay, I’m just saying that’s what I have come to expect and accept. The only times I’ve contact XM, Sirius or Sirius XM Listener Care in the past 14 ½ years was to swap out or cancel radios and for no other reason.

Yeah, this is very true. When they had the Canadian call centers, some of those reps weren't bad (I was calling the US number for a US account, and I live in the US, but at one point some of the calls were taken in Canada). I also think SXM Canada does a better job overall of communicating changes - possibly because the CRTC would give them trouble if they didn't?

Yeah, this is very true. When they had the Canadian call centers, some of those reps weren't bad (I was calling the US number for a US account, and I live in the US, but at one point some of the calls were taken in Canada). I also think SXM Canada does a better job overall of communicating changes - possibly because the CRTC would give them trouble if they didn't?
Canadian CSRs beat the hell out of any OTHER country they send you to ... (outside of getting an English speaking person in the USA !)

Reactions: jegrant

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)