Its April 17th, Did You Get Your Smart Cards In? If Not Next Round Monday

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
I did an online chat early this week as I still had not received my Smart Cards and was informed that I wouldn't need the as my ViP622 was a recent RMA... FFwd to late last night, I was surfing and HDNMV, UHD & MGM were all black with a 361 pop-up.
Called this morning and sure enough, I do need new Smart Card for the 622 only and these channels will be black till they arrive... so, do not trust the online chats for everything! ;)

Not yet

I have a pre-paid system, and I still don't have a new SmartCard yet. All my programming has expired as I was expeciting it "Soon", and now I can not order any new programming. Good thing I like the NASA channel.

3/30 I requested one, they said it would be UPSed to me 3 to 5 days,
4/7 They had no idea if one was sent, but would "OVERNIGHT" one to me.
4/9 Was told they DO NOT OVERNIGHT, but one was sent 4/7 with a 3 to 5 day timeline.
4/14 Still no card, they took my info again so that they could send me a card, and I should be able to order programming in about two hours.
4/17 Still no card, still can not order programming.

I did, two weeks ago. They turned them off today anyway. Apparently their system isn't smart enough to know which cards to keep on. 45 minutes later all is well.

I have 2 purple cards that were UPSed to me they won't activate because I have three that were mailed to me 4/2/09 and it can take upto 30 days to arrive. I want to know what country they were mailed from? I get mail from either coast in 5 days or less, these have been in transit for 2 weeks and I still don't have them. Denver to Dallas should be 2 days. India where the card call center is does that take 3 weeks?

My receiver doesn't have a smart card at all, but I have no idea if I should have one. I signed up last November and the box came as is, without the card; purple or otherwise.

No card yet. FYI for JDMACOR - every receiver has a smartcard. Modern ones have used an IC vs a "Card." The only way to tell if you need it or not is to tell what version of the Card you have which you can do by looking at the model number. I dont know off hand the numbers but I am sure someone can point you in the right direction.

Remember to open any envelope that you get from Dish. Those cards are very flexible, and you might think that it's just Dish propaganda in the envelope.

My receiver doesn't have a smart card at all, but I have no idea if I should have one. I signed up last November and the box came as is, without the card; purple or otherwise.

Press Menu twice to get to the System Info screen. Under Smart Card ID on the second line if it says DNASP241 DshH02 you have the latest version and do not require a smart card update.

Next round coming Monday... and I will be calling them as no way my cards will be in by then... Got the new pop up for Palladia...

Attachments

• dish uhd smartcard.jpg
    dish uhd smartcard.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 163
  • dish next round smart cards.jpg
    dish next round smart cards.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 145