its finally happned

Status
Please reply by conversation.
no black bars, it was cut 16:9cut off and stretched, some of the text boxes were cut is how i was able to tell
couldnt tell as easy last night on regular tv, but im thinking it was, people looked fat :)

im waiting to hear back from d* tech dept, and from local manager

here is the resonse i got

Thank you for writing and allowing me to personally address your concerns. I understand your concern with the football game coming in on Fox being standard instead of HD and I am more than happy to explain this.

Although all of your local channels are available in HD, not all programs will be available in HD. There are a lot of shows that are available in HD. The ones that are only available in standard will still show on the Fox channel, they will just come in 4:3 instead of 16:9 format.

DIRECTV provides a wide variety of sports games in HD however we are not able to carry every single game in HD. Our programmers work hard to make sure that we show a variety of games to make sure that all fans get a chance to see their favorite teams. To see a list of upcoming HD games, visit our web site at directv.com/nfl and click on the Sports Schedule link on the left hand side.

DIRECTV provides a wide variety of sports games in HD however we are not able to carry every single game in HD.

Thank you again for writing.

and i sent back

it was in 16:9, but you strected it from 4:3
im asking what my local affiliate supplied it to you in
it was obious it was cropped and stretched fromt he boxes that were cut off

its a simple question
what format is your feed in.

aaahhhh a straight answer from the local affiliate

Long story short: directv has their boxes in our building configured wrong. A DirecTV technician is down the hall from me right now correcting the problem. It should be fixed tonight. Then, some changes have to be made at the uplink facility. So, DirecTV tells me you should see FOX21 in HD within a couple of days.

Thanks alot mdram! I'll keep checking to see if mine goes HD. Can you post to this thread when yours does?

Yay! I checked it today and we no longer have the stretched out feed! I was still using OTA for this channel but now I don't have to! Thanks alot for emailing d* and getting it fixed for all of us in the Salisbury dma!

sweet.
but i dont think the email do d* did a thing, i think was the one to wboc
heck d* said there was no local called fox21
i had to explain to them it was thier channel 17, and ota digatal 16.1 or 16.2
they had no clue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts