Its going to be good year for HDTV Fans!

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
While I can not go into details yetm you HDTV fans are going to be in for a big treat soon from Dish Network. :)

I even hear that Dish is giving all HD fans a early holiday gift this year with a bunch of new HD Channels coming online around December 1st. :)

You guys can guess all you want but I can't give anymore hints. :D

Thanks Scott,

I've had my 6000 for less than a week, and the HD channels are simply STUNNING!!!! Discovery HD is always amazing (I may watch more science stuff now). And the football on ESPN HD is amazing also, when ESPN is in HD mode, and not stretched.

So, I'm looking forward to see what Dish is adding!

Thanks for all your hard work on Satelliteguys.us

Jeff

Bravo-HD
Starz HD
Cinemax HD
TMC HD
===============================

Playboy HD ---> Doubtful. Playboy has said no HD in the past.

???????????????????????????????????????????????
Scifi HD
USA HD

Those channels create a LOT of revenue for Dish so I would think they would have at least one of those in HD in the future.

Dish now KNOWS that they have to add a lot of HD and soon because of the new VOOM satellite service coming out with their HD packages along with cable coming out with their HD channels.

I know if they add CinemaxHD and StarzHD and StarzED I'll be adding the everything pack back onto my account.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I even hear that Dish is giving all HD fans a early holiday gift this year with a bunch of new HD Channels coming online around December 1st. :)
:D
Well, to me a 'gift' is something that you don't have to pay for. Are you sticking with that choice of words, Scott? ;)
Oh, and they won't be on 110, right? Necessitating the need for a SuperDish, of course. Hope they have plenty in stock for a timely installation.

Well, Charlie did put up Bravo-HD on the logos for the HD Charlie Chat. I'd bet that is one of them.

I still think that West Coast feeds of HBO-HD and SHO-HD would piss off Cable and D* customers and make them jelous of E*.

.... of course I am sure SuperDish is required for this "gift" :)

Ohh what to do -

Stay with 6000 and just get SuperDish?
Sell 6000 and get an 811 w/Superdish
Sell 6000 and get a 921 w/SuperDish?

I'm thinking the 921 just ain't worth that much cost (+DVR fee) to DVR HD when I have a 501 now for SD channels... sigh...

I guess the 811 is worth it if the OTA is better (they say it is...) and I can still get good $$ for the 6000.

Lee

I wonder if they are going to offer a lot of ''enhanced definition'' as well in addition to HD so that there would be a bit more space for at least something that is above the definition that we see now.

Scott Greczkowski said:
While I can not go into details yetm you HDTV fans are going to be in for a big treat soon from Dish Network. :)

You guys can guess all you want but I can't give anymore hints. :D

Scott, your such a tease......... :D

Okay , they add more hd channels . Will the price go up accordingly? I can't see Dish keep adding hd channels without adding a price hike on their hd pack.

Is there even any more room for a buntch of new HD?

Direct TV has a new 7s Sat going up in Feb with room for Dozens more.

What is Dishs plan for room. Will they have to move more from 110 to Superdish?

Bravo-HD
Starz HD
Cinemax HD
TMC HD

????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)