Its Not Just Dish...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The problem is that the customers have no choice. If SD contracts had been up, I am sure Disney would have yanked all the SD channels too, to force Dish to comply with HD carriage.

These big conglomerates own a bunch of channels, they force carriage of them all in as low a tier as they think they can force on the sat/cable companies. They hold the entire block of channels hostage for any of their channels.

The problem is that the customers have no choice. If SD contracts had been up, I am sure Disney would have yanked all the SD channels too, to force Dish to comply with HD carriage.

These big conglomerates own a bunch of channels, they force carriage of them all in as low a tier as they think they can force on the sat/cable companies. They hold the entire block of channels hostage for any of their channels.

Sure I do if Disney goes,I still have the Nickelodeon channels.;)

Thats INSANE! you can Buy a 612 for Less then $200

One of my good friends Just bought one off Ebay for $197 Including shipping.

Trust me You don't want one anyone. I'd rather keep paying the $7 extra then go with a 612 ever again.

In your case it is a terrible deal. In most people's cases they would be upgrading from SD to that 612. For them that includes a new receiver, new Dish and everything installed for $200. Thats not a bad deal. You have a different scenario. Your's would just be a simple swap that you could handle yourself and would not be worth paying the $200.