It's (NOT) official everyone gets free HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
There are other pages that still quote the $10 fee.
For example, this page shows some conditions (Choice package or above, auto bill pay) to get it free:
attachment.php

Attachments

• freehd.png
    freehd.png
    50.5 KB · Views: 1,850
I would just point to the page I just linked. It clearly says no charge for HD and it's free.

What is HD Access?

"HD Access is the name of DIRECTV's HD service. If you have a High-Def TV, you need HD service to get an HD picture. Your TV alone won't give you an HD picture. HD Access provides the HD service you need to see the HD channels available in your TV package. This service is now FREE for as long as you're a DIRECTV customer. No matter how many HD receivers you have in your DIRECTV system, there's no extra charge to receive HD channels."

I would just point to the page I just linked. It clearly says no charge for HD and it's free.

What is HD Access?

"HD Access is the name of DIRECTV's HD service. If you have a High-Def TV, you need HD service to get an HD picture. Your TV alone won't give you an HD picture. HD Access provides the HD service you need to see the HD channels available in your TV package. This service is now FREE for as long as you're a DIRECTV customer. No matter how many HD receivers you have in your DIRECTV system, there's no extra charge to receive HD channels."

And yet, further down the page another question is asked:

So, is it free, or is it $10? Sounds like there's more to it.

just got it

I just got the FREE HD for 24 months. I had to do not one thing. The only thing she said is i can not reply after the 24months are done.

OP,

IF it's "official" like your thread title says ....
Why is it NOT on D*'s Front Page ?

I think I would wait to see it on the Home Page to say it's OFFICIAL .

Hey Charlie, see what you started. Now, finish it by not charging any HD fees for Platinum HD and changing the rules: to everyone qualifies for FREE HD service on Dish Network as long as you have a HD Receiver. Let the HD WAR Continue, this is getting very interesting and FUN.

Charlie didnt start this...the cable companies did.
100% spot on.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anKkX1wvgBw]YouTube - 2008 Time Warner Cable Direct TV Hates Puppies[/ame]

I believe TimeWarner Cable fired the first shot across the bow and it's been ramping up in most cable companies advertising with more folks focusing on saving money.

I hope the free HD is accurate. I guess I'd like to see it verified by Stone before I get excited. I'm going to wait and call about it, if we don't get it confirmed before August, when I call for my ST price reduction request.

†To be eligible for Free HD for Life you must activate and maintain the CHOICE package or above, at least one (1) HD receiver, HD Access and enrollment in Auto Bill pay.
*To access DIRECTV HD programming, an HD Access fee ($10/mo.) & HD equipment are required. Number of HD channels varies by package selected. All programming, pricing, terms & conditions subject to change at any time.
It at the bottom of this page DIRECTV: DIRECTV HD

To be eligible for Free HD for Life you must activate and maintain the CHOICE package or above, at least one (1) HD receiver, HD Access and enrollment in Auto Bill pay.
*To access DIRECTV HD programming, an HD Access fee ($10/mo.) & HD equipment are required. Number of HD channels varies by package selected. All programming, pricing, terms & conditions subject to change at any time.
It at the bottom of this page DIRECTV: DIRECTV HD

I admit this is somewhat confusing to me at present.

It's mentioning free HD in the same paragraph as "HD $10.00 fee", right?

I've been with DTV since '99 and am a current HD subs with Premier.

I am enrolled in auto-pay (if that's what DTV refers to as automatic cc billing).

If the free HD is confirmed, would I receive it?

OP,

IF it's "official" like your thread title says ....
Why is it NOT on D*'s Front Page ?

I think I would wait to see it on the Home Page to say it's OFFICIAL .

"This service is now FREE for as long as you're a DIRECTV customer." Sounds pretty official to me. It's not on the front page yet. It is a Sunday and most likely will be announced next week. By then all CSR's will be on the same page so the CSR roulette madness can end.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts