It's (NOT) official everyone gets free HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sounds official to me.

I'm not gonna run to phone to call about this.

I get billed once a month, I'll see what the next bill says when I get it, not losing any sleep over it.

To get free HD, does this start another 2 year commitment to D*?

Right now, I am month to month and I don't want to sign another commitment to save $10/month.

I'm on autopay, paperless billing, Choice Xtra, HD Extra, an HD-DVR and an HD receiver. The HD Access still shows up on my account as a $10.00 per month "service" as of today. I'll give it some time, but I'll be checking.

I didn't check it earlier, but the page linked in post #1 now says

HD Access is the name of DIRECTV's HD service. If you have a High-Def TV, you need HD service to get an HD picture. Your TV alone won't give you an HD picture. HD Access provides the HD service you need to see the HD channels available in your TV package. This service is now FREE if you're a new DIRECTV customer. No matter how many HD receivers you have in your DIRECTV system, there's no extra charge to receive HD channels.
(bold added for emphasis).

I have the Plus HD+DVR plan, which I have been paying $79.88. So this should reduce to $69.88, right? Or perhaps a little more, since HD service is discounted for this plan. But my statement still shows a charge of $79.88. Will wait a few days for the computers to synch, then I'll call if no difference in amount.

As of today 6/6/10 when I left work it was still 2 years for existing and lifetime for new subs. Though I doubt that HD fee will be around in 2 years to credit off to be honest from some of the things I have heard.

As of today 6/6/10 when I left work it was still 2 years for existing and lifetime for new subs. Though I doubt that HD fee will be around in 2 years to credit off to be honest from some of the things I have heard.

Stone,

If the free HD is official for existing customers with auto-pay and the necessary sub pkg (I have Premier with auto-pay), why doesn't DTV update all of the qualiyfing customers's online bills without us having to call a CSR to receive this deal?

Hmmmm,
Maybe we should all wait till your next bill is processed to see whats up instead of calling in when they can't possibly have EVERYONE's account caught up.

Hmmmm,
Maybe we should all wait till your next bill is processed to see whats up instead of calling in when they can't possibly have EVERYONE's account caught up.

Good point. I'm actually in no rush about the free HD but reading about it here being official for all existing qualified customers, got me curious and started me to gather the information here.

Good point. I'm actually in no rush about the free HD but reading about it here being official for all existing qualified customers, got me curious and started me to gather the information here.

As I mentioned before, is it on D* website yet ?
Once I see it on the website, then it's official ..... as far as I'm concerned.

(Hmmm, looks like the Free HD is in the Beta stages !!!)

Stone,

If the free HD is official for existing customers with auto-pay and the necessary sub pkg (I have Premier with auto-pay), why doesn't DTV update all of the qualiyfing customers's online bills without us having to call a CSR to receive this deal?

Because right now it simply not free yet. this thread is BS . The two years free for exsisting subs are for people who complain about the free hd offer plain and simple. You will get transferd to ace so tehy can add it o the account but other than that. It just how the cookie crumbles

Are they calling it Free HD For Life with existing subs or does the promotion have a different name?

I don't know if there's actually ANYTHING stating that existing subs get Free HD, people have called in and inquired and some have gotten it, but that could have something to do with thier contract status, I don't know.

To answer your question.
My guess would be it's Free for 2 years with Existing subs.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)