It's official... Price Increase!

Get ready, Everything is fixing to go up in price with the new big money grab just passed by our beloved US senators.

Nothing I saw in the flier said it was a price increase. Did I miss it?

You know, I find myself flipping through all the channels and finding nothing decent to watch. I'm not sure I need to be paying BHN $1421.88 per year and that's without any tiered movie or sports. Now they want more?

I have to re-evaluate this situation. $1421 per year is a LOT of money.

It passed the senate. House has to approve it. Then prez has to sign it. You'll see another price increase before long when the cost of doing business rises from higher taxes!

Nothing I saw in the flier said it was a price increase. Did I miss it?

You know, I find myself flipping through all the channels and finding nothing decent to watch. I'm not sure I need to be paying BHN $1421.88 per year and that's without any tiered movie or sports. Now they want more?

I have to re-evaluate this situation. $1421 per year is a LOT of money.

1421 that is cheap as hell for a years worth of entertainment. Hell you easily would spend that and more to take a weeks vacation in Orlando..

is anyone surprised rates would go up after BH caved on Viacom and added FSN?

Is anyone surprised they went up? They do yearly. Everyone is annouceing a price increase. Just be glad BHNS increase is not as bad as the sat companies. Some Dish packages are up 10bucks a month.

Of course they are going up, programming costs continue to rise, electric costs continue to rise, we saw unprecedented gas prices that BHN ate, (no fuel surcharges for customers like some companies). etc.

1421 that is cheap...

I'm really happy for you that $1421 is "cheap" for you; BHN must pay very well (assuming "Insider" means you are a BHN employee). It is not "cheap" for me by any measure for something that is non-essential. It is more than one month's SS. I do have some other income, but not enough to call 1.4 thousand dollars cheap for TV watching/internet . Nope. For people whose entire life is TV, maybe. I feel sad for them though.

Just for kicks, let do a little math...

If the average person watches 2 hours of TV per day thats 730 hours per year.

Lets say $65 for 300 channels + 1 movie channel = $780 per year for cable.

The average movie at a theater cost 8 bucks and is 2 hours long. This comes out to $4 per hour times 730 hours = $2920 per year for the theater.

Ok, So $2920 per year at the movie theater.

Or, $790 per year for 300 channels + 1 movie channel.

1) You get to sit in your comfortable easy chair and have a beer and eat hot wings.
2) No popcorn and drinks costs which if you have a family will really put you in the poor house.
3) Your wife won't be bugging you to take her to dinner first.
4) You don't have to burn all your gas and fight with the traffic and screaming kids.
5) You can change the channel if you don't like whats playing. You have 300 other choices.
Don't tell me there's nothing good on... You're just too picky.
6) It's not far to the bedroom if you get sleepy or whatever.. :)

Any other thing to add to this list ??? :D

...Don't tell me there's nothing good on... You're just too picky...

Oh, thanks for that. At least there was the smilie.

There are two possibilities here: I am too picky OR there really isn't much good on. Of course, if watching bad language, the foolishness of the dregs of our society, and overt sex or sexual innuendo is your thing, there is plenty on to watch.

Last edited:
Is anyone surprised they went up? They do yearly. Everyone is annouceing a price increase. Just be glad BHNS increase is not as bad as the sat companies. Some Dish packages are up 10bucks a month.

Of course they are going up, programming costs continue to rise, electric costs continue to rise, we saw unprecedented gas prices that BHN ate, (no fuel surcharges for customers like some companies). etc.

gee, my directv package is increasing a whopping three dollars a month. that will put me in the poor house for sure......NOT!

I'm really happy for you that $1421 is "cheap" for you; BHN must pay very well (assuming "Insider" means you are a BHN employee). It is not "cheap" for me by any measure for something that is non-essential. It is more than one month's SS. I do have some other income, but not enough to call 1.4 thousand dollars cheap for TV watching/internet . Nope. For people whose entire life is TV, maybe. I feel sad for them though.

In my post I was comparing it to other forms of entertainment. and in relation to those it is cheap. Compared to takeing my family of 4 to the movies, its dirt cheap.. heck 30$ just to get in, and drinks? 15$ want popcorn make that 20. So 50$ for 2 hours of entertainment heck thats the cost of standard cable for an entire month!

Your paying about 118 a month so either you have the triple pack or you have digital + rr + a movie channel or two. Their are cheaper packages if the price is really affecting you that much.

1.4thousand sounds like a lot but its only about 3.90 a day. thats less then 30mins or so work for minimum wage in FLA..

Im not rich by any stretch of the word, but 118 a month to provide my family hours and hours of entertainment each month and for me to have high speed internet is well worth it and a bargain.

...Your paying about 118 a month so either you have the triple pack or you have digital + rr + a movie channel or two. .

I have digital + HD box (for the bigger hard drive--no HD package) + RR + turbo on a limited time special price deal, which BTW is NOT enumerated on the bill. There is no tiered TV package in it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)