It's official

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
NPS CEO said in their chat today if they try to change anything to make the picture better on G3 there equipment may blow up :shocked :shocked So I guess NPS let us down again :(

I have some nice property to sell you in Florida...

That's about as assuring, and likely, as the hobo who bums a buck from you for a hamburger!
Yea, sure.
I see a trip to the bar or package liquor store, instead. :D

"Blow up", huh? Sure... ! - :rolleyes:

What a bummer!!!... @:( ! :confused: #:eek:$ :down %:what &:yikes* !sadroll #:no @!protest %:river& :mad:!

Is Charlie running NPS???

I thought that NPS made a substantial investment for improvements a few years ago and other providers were supposed to pitch in too. When the others bailed is what supposedly gave us our additional "uplink fees" (That is what I was told) and higher prices to help them recover their investment!?!?!? :confused:

What a bummer!!!... @:( ! :confused: #:eek:$ :down %:what &:yikes* !sadroll #:no @!protest %:river& :mad:!

Is Charlie running NPS???

I don't think so but they have sure have a strong influence on NPS's CEO. Remember NPS is Charlies ace in the hole to break the law so they can sell distant networks. So there in bed with each other. If you read the chat logs. Mike keeps putting SRL down saying that there breaking contracts to sell channels. I asked SRL about that a couple years ago and they told me that NPS shouldn't say bogus information. Sounds like another Charlie teaching tactic to me. :mad:

I thought that NPS made a substantial investment for improvements a few years ago and other providers were supposed to pitch in too. When the others bailed is what supposedly gave us our additional "uplink fees" (That is what I was told) and higher prices to help them recover their investment!?!?!? :confused:
NPS is lining there pockets with our uplink fee's. Got to wonder where it's really going. :confused:

But, but, I thought NPS was different and would never screw you over like DBS? :p

It all boils down to money. :devil: Charlie (the devil) lays some big numbers in NPS's CEO's pockets and he becomes Charlies drone.

Im glad dish is so well pirated because it takes away from Charlies ultimate goal for satellite domination by hitting him in the pocketbook. If he didn't have the $$$ he couldn't dictate.

Last edited:
well, that really blows. and I can say after reading the chat transcripts, I'm ready to bail on NPS and move to SRL.

I can't believe that mike basically tries to sell people dish network during the @#$*@#$(# C-band chat!

I'll miss a few of the channels on G3 though. But that's fine.. soon enough I'll probably wind up completely FTA

I can't comment on the quality on G3C since I haven't used it in a year and a half for the sub, except for when the RTNs were there.

I use SRL and recommend them. I started out with the 410 package in the Fall of 07 and later switched my 2, 4DTV subs there. Good customer service, prices and picture quality.

I may migrate all my channels over to SRL too when NPS runs out. Id rather give all the money to them than NPS now. This G3 let down was the icing on the cake.

Mike pushing Dish and bad mouthing SRL in the chat is just too much.

I hate to say this, but subscription C-band is a mere shadow of it's former self. I'll be surprised if this whole 4DTV thing lasts another year or 2 anyway. From what I can see it's on life support now! I'd like to be proven wrong, but all this re-uplinking by programmers, antique receivers with little or no support, etc is nuts. Just give us the master feeds, more HD channels with a good new decoder, let NPS and others sell it, and be done with it! VCII analog, back in the day was 10 times better picture quality than this stuff. It's just making C-band a huge pizza dish!:mad:

Just got my renewal bill from NPS. $150.00 more than last year, plus uplink fees. I'll miss G3 when I switch to SRL. Of course I thought I'd miss ESPN when they dropped off of C-band but, surprise, I didn't miss them at all. Maybe it'll be the same with G3.

Just give us the master feeds, more HD channels with a good new decoder, let NPS and others sell it, and be done with it!

We maybe better off if Motorola just sold the programming to us instead of SRL and NPS. That way no teir bit fees would be involved and other B.S. and they might make a little for their trouble. And then just maybe have a little incentive to build a next gen receiver:D

its like pizza dish without the rainfade!
pretty soon c-band will be fta only. I have seen a lot of changes and programming rate increases in the past 5 years on c-band.

i don't sub to anything because most of the programmers are overpriced in one way or another (my opinion). I don't have a wife or kids who need lifetime movies or cartoon network.

over the air digital and c/ku fta for me....no subs..put your money into something else.

take your 600-900 per year and do some home improvement.

We maybe better off if Motorola just sold the programming to us instead of SRL and NPS. That way no teir bit fees would be involved and other B.S. and they might make a little for their trouble. And then just maybe have a little incentive to build a next gen receiver:D

Don't worry Motorola would add any tier bit fees in the price. The next generation receiver already exists with the new Starchoice box. All they need to do is flash the firmware and it would be good to go.

Just got my renewal bill from NPS. $150.00 more than last year, plus uplink fees. I'll miss G3 when I switch to SRL. Of course I thought I'd miss ESPN when they dropped off of C-band but, surprise, I didn't miss them at all. Maybe it'll be the same with G3.

I have the G3 channels and have been taking a pole lately. Im hardly ever on G3 as of late and seem to hang out on W5 99% of the time, so I think killing off my NPS attachment after 17 years to go full time with SRL would be an easy transition.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)