Status
Please reply by conversation.

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
just left an extensive hd update at the what we are hearing thread but as of 7 am we have: cmt, vh1, mtv, spike and nick hd added plus 12 rsn's game only and 5 new hd ppv.

directv.com is listing bio hd as being up but i haven't located it on my guides yet. i'm heading out of town but channel 77 is showing the updated hd listing.

just left an extensive hd update at the what we are hearing thread but as of 7 am we have: cmt, vh1, mtv, spike and nick hd added plus 12 rsn's game only and 5 new hd ppv.

directv.com is listing bio hd as being up but i haven't located it on my guides yet. i'm heading out of town but channel 77 is showing the updated hd listing.
Thanks for the info:):up

The question is:

Is it HD like HD Net, HD Theater, Universal HD?

Or is it HD like A&E, History Channel, TNT and TBS HD?

If it's the latter, you can keep it! If it's the former, LET ME AT IT!

See ya
Tony

The question is:

Is it HD like HD Net, HD Theater, Universal HD?

Or is it HD like A&E, History Channel, TNT and TBS HD?

If it's the latter, you can keep it! If it's the former, LET ME AT IT!

See ya
Tony

It's a mix - but its great to have it and to make a choice if you want to watch it.

Yep, add any and all of it. If its not there, they have no starting point on which to improve, build on, add more actual HD content.

Yes you do. You just don't waste 50 channels of bandwidth with unwatchable stretch-o-vision or "blurrified zoom TV" in the mean time while, at the same time, lying with a straight face to the public telling them they are getting an "HD channel". If I had the money I would sue A&E and Turner for false advertising and deceptive trade practices on their so-called "HD" channels.

If that is the type of programming and "HD" DirecTV is getting, I don't want it! I also think it is a heinous LIE to call them HD and charge for them on top of that. That goes for Dish too!

See ya
Tony

Yes you do. You just don't waste 50 channels of bandwidth with unwatchable stretch-o-vision or "blurrified zoom TV" in the mean time while, at the same time, lying with a straight face to the public telling them they are getting an "HD channel". If I had the money I would sue A&E and Turner for false advertising and deceptive trade practices on their so-called "HD" channels.

If that is the type of programming and "HD" DirecTV is getting, I don't want it! I also think it is a heinous LIE to call them HD and charge for them on top of that. That goes for Dish too!

See ya
Tony

So, if we are to follow that mindset and disregard the new channels as unwatchable etc,

Does that apply to let's say FXHD & SCIFI? Does the channel have to be 24/7 HD in order to be called an HD channel?

If we didn't have the HD versions of those two channels as an example I sure would complain that I couldn't watch BSG, Stargate, Nip/Tuck etc in HD.

Not mention the movies they have shown. Of course then the argument would turn to OAR which is another circular argument.

You would have to have put ESPN in that category when it started up too. Why set up an HD network before anyone carries it? Kind of klike the chicken and the egg. Thanks to D* for getting the ball rolling so someone could hatch something!

See ya
Tony

if youre stupid enough to believe advertising then you should be the one being sued for stupidity.

wow, are some of you blind? because the true hd....not the stretched......that is showing on the new mpeg4 channels, is breathtaking. obviously, not every program is in true hd yet (on the brand new stations) because the program was probably not filmed in hd.

its the general consensus of directv subs here that the true mpeg4 hd is amazing.

Some of these guys that are bitching about HD channels that are added not showing much hd yet must be mostly Dish subs.

The logic is idiotic. D* is adding them as quickly as they can and as quickly as the channel is HD.

I guess people would rather wait until the channel was broadcasting HD 24/7, then wait another month before its added :rolleyes:

I record Ghost Hunters now on SCIFIHD, its not HD and is not even stretched but it STILL looks better than the SD version.

Get over it.

I love having the HD version of the speed channel. That had to be one of the worst looking channels in the lineup.

I love watching the truck races and it was a struggle with the horrible SD. Now, it's crystal clear , NOT stretched and is now a pleasure to watch.

I love having the HD version of the speed channel. That had to be one of the worst looking channels in the lineup.

I love watching the truck races and it was a struggle with the horrible SD. Now, it's crystal clear , NOT stretched and is now a pleasure to watch.

wait until speed really starts broadcasting in hd, which i believe was to begin with spped weeks in february.

What I object to in the strongest terms is using stretch-o-vision and "blurrified zoom vision" and calling the program HD. If there is indeed HD content, GREAT! But calling TBS HD and HD channel is the biggest fraud perpetrated on the US population there is! If the new channels are like TBS, You can keep em. I'll watch the SD version in OAR in the mean time!

ESPN at least had the good sense of keeping their programs and commercials in OAR!

See ya
Tony

What I object to in the strongest terms is using stretch-o-vision and "blurrified zoom vision" and calling the program HD. If there is indeed HD content, GREAT! But calling TBS HD and HD channel is the biggest fraud perpetrated on the US population there is! If the new channels are like TBS, You can keep em. I'll watch the SD version in OAR in the mean time!

ESPN at least had the good sense of keeping their programs and commercials in OAR!

See ya
Tony

Actually ESPN stretched its content in the beginning, but they learned.

See ya
Tony

When I was a very young lad, I remember the only the show "in color" was Bonanza. Everything else on NBC was still in b/w. As CBS & ABC came on line, neither had 100% of color programing.

Yes, we weren't paying for it, but my dad certainly paid through the nose for the color TV for one show at the beginning.

I'd rather have the channels in HD as their programing grows, then wait until they start adding programing and I can't get it.

I'm happy with all of this. I'm ready to watch these channels grow.

I agree that I much prefer to have the channel on an "HD" format rather than the SD version. Even though it's not true HD it's usually much better than the SD version on a big screen. True it is misleading to advertise and people think their getting the channel in HD but I'd prefer it over SD nonetheless so I'll settle for that until they begin actually creating the program in HD. I hate watching anything on a non HD channel now and avoid it as much as possible.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)