It's that time of year again, upcoming price changes.

And Locals, if you need them from Dish. That is another $12, plus the Flex Pack will be $37.99 after the price bump. Now, I am not saying the Flex Pack isn't good value, but you are paying significantly more to get those extra channels.
You are right about that. At one point, I added up the cost to get all of the Channel Packs that would be needed in order to keep as many Welcome Pack channels as possible. For me, it turned out to be cheaper to have two Dish accounts: one with Flex Pack (no add-ons) and one with Welcome Pack.

You are right about that. At one point, I added up the cost to get all of the Channel Packs that would be needed in order to keep as many Welcome Pack channels as possible. For me, it turned out to be cheaper to have two Dish accounts: one with Flex Pack (no add-ons) and one with Welcome Pack.
sounds interesting. that is why i like the ability to switch when i can from different packages. my interests change. right now on the locals they have nothing much on, but later will be basketball, some kind of fight on fox as well too.
lots of sports today later

with showtime pack i am going to see boxing at 5pm new boxing.

all good.

Reactions: pattykay
My viewing changes throughout the year and even during the day. Now I can put the kids pack on in the morning for the kid and the action packs and locals on in the evening for sports and network shows. Turn them off before going to bed and no extra cost to me.

Now you know many people are cord cutting and switching off dish or DirecTV and many are going with slingtv or any of the other services out there when you raise prices you lose paytv customers

Reactions: reddice

He said a good DVR and locals.

DTVNow has neither (unless you’re lucky with the locals)... unless you like 20 hours, no thumbnail previews, and phantom recordings showing up.

DTVNow is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to OTT providers. The only thing they have going for them is channel variety... and cheap premiums. That’s offset by paid addons that other providers include in their base price such as a 3rd stream and a 100 dvr that’s been coming “soon” for years.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

And Locals, if you need them from Dish. That is another $12, plus the Flex Pack will be $37.99 after the price bump. Now, I am not saying the Flex Pack isn't good value, but you are paying significantly more to get those extra channels.
I don’t use sat locals so that’s not a factor. I use my Tablo ota Dvr with 4 ota tuners. Are we sure that the Flex pack is going up by three dollars? I haven’t seen anything from Dish yet. Oh never mind I just reread the first page.

I don’t use sat locals so that’s not a factor. I use my Tablo ota Dvr with 4 ota tuners. Are we sure that the Flex pack is going up by three dollars? I haven’t seen anything from Dish yet. Oh never mind I just reread the first page.
I just read that most every package is going up by $5.

I just read that most every package is going up by $5.
Gee, did you read that in the first post of this thread?
Okay, to recap the first post, to save everyone the trouble of going back to look it up:

Welcome Pack: $3 increase (with an additional $4 increase for those who switch to it after 1/15/2019)
Smart Pack: $3 increase
Flex Pack: $3 increase
Dish America: $5 increase
Dish America Silver: $5 increase
Dish America Gold: $5 increase
America's Top 120: $5 increase
America's Top 120 Plus: $5 increase
America's Top 200: $5 increase
America's Top 250: $5 increase
America's Everything Pack: $5 increase
International Basic: no change
Chinese Basic: no change
Dish Latino Basico: no change from current price (includes $5 decrease from last year's price due to Univision dispute)
Dish Latino Clasico: no change from current price (includes $5 decrease from last year's price due to Univision dispute)
Dish Latino Plus: no change from current price (includes $5 decrease from last year's price due to Univision dispute)
Dish Latino Dos: $3 increase from current price ($2 decrease from last year's price, due to $5 decrease from Univision dispute)
Dish Latino Max: $3 increase from current price ($2 decrease from last year's price, due to $5 decrease from Univision dispute)
Dish Latino Bonus Pack: no change from current price (includes $5 decrease from last year's price due to Univision dispute)
FCC fee: $0.01 increase

Reactions: Brodieb
Too bad they didn't change their mind and scrap the proposed increase.

D5EB8C01-9153-43AD-A9CF-635FD13532E9.gif

It's official then, looks like the original info was accurate. Too bad they didn't change their mind and scrap the proposed increase.
Well, I had already made changes to my account (downgrading from Flex Pack to Welcome Pack) based on the original info. So, either way, my bill will now be lower than it was before. Thanks for giving us the heads-up! :thumbup :hatsoff

For what it's worth, I am now glad that I did not get the two-year price-lock for Flex Pack. That would have made it a difficult decision whether to stick with Flex Pack (and lose the potential $4 per month discount on Welcome Pack) or switch to Welcome Pack before 1/15/2019, and lose the price-lock promo. Now, with a $3 per month increase to Flex Pack coming (and I had always planned to switch back to Welcome Pack after the Flex Pack discounts ended, anyway) that makes it an easier decision to go ahead and switch now, and save some serious money on my Dish bill right away. (My $10 per month for 12 months credits are not tied to Flex Pack, so I assume I would keep getting those after switching to Welcome Pack.)
Well, I had already made changes to my account (downgrading from Flex Pack to Welcome Pack) based on the original info. So, either way, my bill will now be lower than it was before. Thanks for giving us the heads-up! :thumbup :hatsoff
I just read my new bill today. As expected, I am still getting the $10 per month credit. I am also still getting the $5 Univision credit. (That could be left over from when I still had Latino Bonus Pack, or it could be because Welcome Pack includes locals and my market lost the local Univision affiliate.) So, with these changes, my bill is now down from $32.30 last month to only $9.03 this month. (Of course, this is before the price increase. So, I would expect my regular rate to go up by $3 plus tax next month, plus another $5 if the Univision credit drops off. That is still not bad, though.) So, I am a happy camper! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts