iTunes Store, Mac App Store, Apple Support are down, Down, DOWN!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
Have you tried to download anything from iTunes today? Get a new App, perhaps? Well, if you're like me and most of the world, the answer is:
Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 09.00.38 .png

The Tech News sites have picked it up (here's one such article: http://thenextweb.com/apple/2015/03...s-having-problems-and-itunes-connect-is-down/), so don't think it's just you.

Apple's own Service Status page must be in a state of denial as it says everything is green and up!
Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 09.03.56 .png

Unfortunately, I trusted the status page and now my AppleTV is disconnected to my iTunes Account and I can't get it connected. I was trying to watch last night's "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." and now I guess I'll have to go to work! :(

And, if you try to use the Apple Support web site to report the problem:

Proxy Error
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request POST /GetproductgroupList.action.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Apache/2.2.27 (Unix) Server at getsupport.apple.com Port 80

I was able to enter a Support Case on the website, so Apple is evidently working on it. And the Service Status page now shows iTunes Store in yellow.
Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 10.08.06 .png

Apple's stock is down 1.2%...

Apple has sent emails saying that the outage is due to an Internal DNS issue. That could be almost anything from patching their Windows DNS servers (;)) to a malicious outside force that found its way in.

Whatever is happening, it's still not letting me in with my account.

All better starting around 4:15pm EDT. I fixed my AppleTV when I got home. I wonder if us on the outside of Apple will ever find out what happened...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)