iTunes Store, Mac App Store, Apple Support are down, Down, DOWN!

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
Have you tried to download anything from iTunes today? Get a new App, perhaps? Well, if you're like me and most of the world, the answer is:
Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 09.00.38 .png

The Tech News sites have picked it up (here's one such article: http://thenextweb.com/apple/2015/03...s-having-problems-and-itunes-connect-is-down/), so don't think it's just you.

Apple's own Service Status page must be in a state of denial as it says everything is green and up!
Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 09.03.56 .png

Unfortunately, I trusted the status page and now my AppleTV is disconnected to my iTunes Account and I can't get it connected. I was trying to watch last night's "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." and now I guess I'll have to go to work! :(

And, if you try to use the Apple Support web site to report the problem:

Proxy Error
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request POST /GetproductgroupList.action.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Apache/2.2.27 (Unix) Server at getsupport.apple.com Port 80

I was able to enter a Support Case on the website, so Apple is evidently working on it. And the Service Status page now shows iTunes Store in yellow.
Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 10.08.06 .png

Apple's stock is down 1.2%...

Apple has sent emails saying that the outage is due to an Internal DNS issue. That could be almost anything from patching their Windows DNS servers (;)) to a malicious outside force that found its way in.

Whatever is happening, it's still not letting me in with my account.

All better starting around 4:15pm EDT. I fixed my AppleTV when I got home. I wonder if us on the outside of Apple will ever find out what happened...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)