iTV on Intelsat 9

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jscrimshaw

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2009
London ON
Ok.. So I looking at Intelsat 9 on "The List" and noticed iTV. Is this viewable in North America or is it spot beamed over the UK. This would be cool if it is viewable as iTV is the home of Coronation St. (Go ahead and laugh but I like that show:p)

Methinks those iTVs are not the ITV or itv you are looking for.

If you look at a coverage map, (I saw one linked from lyngsat) it appears that is intended for viewing in Mexico. I am in the SW United States. Not sure how well that would be received in Ontario.

Most of the Sky Mexico channels are encrypted. The ones that can be viewed are spanish language, and not worth viewing at that. (IMO)

Why not try for yourself?

You could steer your dish over to 58ºW to see...

Perhaps iTV in that context means "interactive TV"...

bueno suerte

EDIT: There was one good channel ITC, but it was not itv.

don't have a Ku LNB to check it out right now, but the last time I checked, the mosaic channels are only like info/id channels for SKY, probably only there for installers to find the bird and polarity, that's it

I don't know if this is what you mean by Mosaic, but some pay satellite (and maybe cable) providers have it. They have a channel (transmitted this way) that has a number of usually related channels, each in a window. You highlight one channel and it selects the audio for that channel, and select will take you to the full screen channel.

I encountered it FTA on Dishnet once, with my FTA reciver, and used the sub-audio to select the audio stream for each channel on the matrix.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)