ITV Weather

Who wants to bet that this time next week we will still be waiting for the ITV weather channel locals on the 8's.

bet

Stargazer said:
Who wants to bet that this time next week we will still be waiting for the ITV weather channel locals on the 8's.

your giving dish to much credit, lucky if it will be in jan.07

The weather channel says it won't happen till late next year the homebox doesn't support it.

My bad upon reading the article in the first look at the weather channel post on the next to last page it said the at&t homebox so it may be out on dish receivers that are from Echostar sooner.

Maybe if we "build" yet a third thread about this topic, it will come. bandito.gif

Stargazer said:
Still no go, still waiting. There's several people here now looking forward to this feature.

I check channel 100 every morning and I got a little excited this morning when I saw that the backdrop and animation was different than it has been. So I hit the number 2 hoping I would find "TWC Weather" and was back to being disappointed again:(

I wonder what the REAL holdup is. If it was just a softare update issue, wouldn't that have been addressed by now? Would it take this long? Or is there something else? Or am I just being impatient:what

No, you are no being impatient! I too am wondering what is taking so long. This is a feature which is long awaited. Hopefully, we will see this VERY soon!

October 13

Still no TWC Weather:mad:

When September ran into October I did not think that it would take this long to get hooked up with this feature. I'm wondering if it's just a software update that is holding this up or is it on The Weather Channel's side? Now I'm wondering if we will have this by November. I'm starting to forget to check every morning to see if it's hooked up. Oh well. They can get CNN Enhanced or Bloomberg without delay. But the one I care about, naturally there is a delay of unknown proportions.

Also on DISH's website in their interactive TV section, it now describes this feature as "coming soon" rather than explain it as if it is already here like it has been.

i still say this "comming soon" thing on dish website is a ploy to get more cable
subs. to dish.and that this feature is not going to happen in the next few days or
weeks.i don't even check anymore,if they do it right all you should have to do is turn to the weather channel and there it will be just like cable,otherwise if you have to go to channel 100 everytime you might as well take off channel 214 on your guide, we'll be lucky if this feature comes in early 07.

cobra2225 said:
if they do it right all you should have to do is turn to the weather channel and there it will be just like cable,otherwise if you have to go to channel 100 everytime you might as well take off channel 214 on your guide, we'll be lucky if this feature comes in early 07.

I check channel 100 because I can't stand watching The Weather Channel because it seems that every time I tune in, they are in a commercial. In a typical 10 minute period of broadcast on The Weather Channel, 5 minutes can and often is used up by commercials! And when they do come back, they are telling me what it is like in NYC or Atlanta! That is not where I live. The only decent time to tune it in is on the 8th minute (local on the eights) and at the bottom or top of the hour. Everything in between is crap and commercials. The Weather Channel used to be watchable. But not anymore. That is just my opinion. That is why I check channel 100 because if and when this feature gets activated, I can get to my forecast and maps related to my hole in the world without have to wait through a bunch of crap.

Dish will probebly send this website info just before it goes live like they did with the first look at the local weather.I tend to think this won't be releasing till early or mid next year 07.I sent the weather channel an email and haven't got a reply back yet.It seems like everything gets delayed now days.

has anyone noticed today the scroll on channel 100 said "comming soon" more weather choice's, not local on the 8's, guess dish's tech's are not as smart as the
cable tech's,and why are they calling it interactive? it should just be there like on cable,i'm beginning to think that local 8's on the on 214 was never going to happen
and like a few other things in the past it was just a ploy to get directv cable customers to switch to dish.

cobra2225 said:
i'm beginning to think that local 8's on the on 214 was never going to happen...
Are you losing sleep over this too ?? Get over it... When Dish is ready to launch it, they will. The real problem is when things get pre-announced WAY too early and people get hard-ons over it and check the channel every 15 minutes and critique the wording on their website and watch to see if they change the wording. Life will go on with or without the possible feature. Dish will continue to operate too.

cobra2225 said:
has anyone noticed today the scroll on channel 100 said "comming soon" more weather choice's, not local on the 8's, guess dish's tech's are not as smart as the
cable tech's,and why are they calling it interactive? it should just be there like on cable,i'm beginning to think that local 8's on the on 214 was never going to happen
and like a few other things in the past it was just a ploy to get directv cable customers to switch to dish.
It can't be just like the cable stations which just know exactly where you are and in fact just give every one they serve the same broadcast. It in fact may be more interesting in that you can check weather in different locations, or it may be more boring like the current local weather presented by AccuWeather.com. Time will tell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)