I've got 3LBN and HR10-250, I was just offered HR20..help me out please.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mdbrad

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2006
Ok......I've been out of the game for over a year now. My current setup is 3LNB dish and HR10-250 (HD DVR). Today, customer retention offered me a free HR20 upgrade.

What should I do? Should I also replace my dish? If so, with which dish?

Note: If any of this matters.........I'm about 30 miles south of Los Angeles (Orange County) and my TV has 1080p capabilities. Also, my single family home is a two story with composite shingles.

I've got 3LNB and HR10-250, I was just offered HR20..help me out please.

Ok......I've been out of the game for over a year now. My current setup is 3LNB dish and HR10-250 (HD DVR). Today, customer retention offered me a free HR20 upgrade.

Note: If any of this matters.........I'm about 30 miles south of Los Angeles (Orange County) and my TV has 1080p capabilities. Also, my single family home is a two story with composite shingles.

I'd say go for it. I've had an HR10-250 and now have an HR20. Keep your HR10-250, you can use it for MPEG2 and OTA recording and you'll be "future proofed" with the HR20 and 5LNB dish for no cost. If you're concerned about your roof, consider a pole mount if it's an option for you.

So far, my HR20 has been pretty much rock solid. I haven't had any of the troubles others report. No missed recordings, audio dropouts, etc, etc.

A free HR20 is a good deal. You will automatically get the 5-lnb dish installed free of charge with the HR20.
This is surely a "no-brainer". Your HR10-250 will not receive any of the new HD channels, and even the ones it will receive today from DirecTV (like ESPN) will be moved to the new satellites, maybe by the end of 2008, and then your HR10-250 will only receive SD channels and OTA HD, if you have an antenna. So if you want HD, it's really got to be the HR20.

You can't go wrong getting the HR20 upgrade, especially since they'll let you keep your HR10-250. One suggestion, have them install a multiswitch. The new dish would allow you to hook up both the HR20 and HR10-250, but wouldn't give you any expansion capability. A multiswitch would allow you to hook up other DVR's or Receivers in the future. It won't cost you anything to have this added flexibility.

Upgrade

I live just southeast of Phoenix and had them come out and upgrade my equipment. I moved my HR10 to one of my other bedrooms with an SD TV hooked up to it. They installed the new dish and I had the tech crop 8 lines around the house so I think he put in an 6x8 Multiswitch as well. So I now have 1 HR20 (new), 2 H20 (new), and the HR10 running in the house. A couple of the spare lines were droped in my main viewing area as I like to have multiple TVs going during March Madness.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts