jadeworld on round satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kevin19

Original poster
Sep 17, 2005
Is it possible?

I can set my receiver to the Oval settings and go to channels 450-454. It'll say channel not purchased, but in fact, I have purchased the channel hoping I could get away without having to get the huge oval dish.

Setup shows that I get signal strength for 119 at around 90%, but not on all transponders.

Any reason why it'll say I haven't purchased the channel, even though I have? Has this anything to do with my round dish, or something at directv not sending the signal?

You're aware that the huge oval dish is only 3 inches wider on both sides and can usually be had for free if you give DirecTV a call right?

I'm sure what you're trying to do is possible, but I assume it takes a multiswitch and having it connected a certain way so that the correct flavor of voltage corresponds to the intended transponder, and then you'd have to undo it all to go to a non-119 channel.

Could you elaborate on what you mean?

I looked up the corresponding transponder for channels 450-454..It is 30. As is my setup can receive that transponder.

I'm more interested in understanding why it can't be done as is, as opposed to how it definitely can be done (getting a new dish that i don't have time to install)

kevin19 said:
Is it possible?

I can set my receiver to the Oval settings and go to channels 450-454. It'll say channel not purchased, but in fact, I have purchased the channel hoping I could get away without having to get the huge oval dish.

Setup shows that I get signal strength for 119 at around 90%, but not on all transponders.

Any reason why it'll say I haven't purchased the channel, even though I have? Has this anything to do with my round dish, or something at directv not sending the signal?

If you don't have an AU2, or an 95/101 Oval dish you can't view them.

the jadeworld channels are on the 119, therefor you need an Oval Dish, or you can get fancy with 2 round dishes and a 4x4 multiswitch.

the Worlddirect channels are on the 95, which i hope to never have to point.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts