Jaeger SMR-1224 EL Group Buy?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I visited the link above courtesy of Corey006 and I found the motor I use with my CM 1.2 meter dish (which I constructed a very light weight mount for), in case anyone is interested:
DiSEqC HH-Mount Motor SuperJack DG 120 plus

It's listed at 44,90 euros, which I think is approx. $70. I don't know shipping charge.

QUESTION???

Would the upgraded 1224 be enough to handle 1.8 meter ChannelMaster/Andrews?

I really don't know as Ponny the German owner of the shop says it works very good.

Best thing would have been if jaeger never downgraded the metal quality of their motors, but it's like everything else these days from Asia where quantity comes first.

I have used mine for almost 2 years now and never had any problems but my dish is only 90cm which is like steroids for it.

Any interest in trying to make this group buy again? As I now install C & KU band systems, I could order at least 10 units for my company based on the price we can get. This would greatly contribute to the amount needed for the group buy.

I just re-read the thread from the beginning...
... lot of us have moved on to other solutions
... the price quoted was way too high
... the ability to handle specific dishes we have available here, was in serious question (specifically the 6' molded Prodelin)!
... and -now- the original web site for the manufacturer does not even work!

So, I doubt there's any chance ... none what so ever. - :(

I just re-read the thread from the beginning...
... lot of us have moved on to other solutions
... the price quoted was way too high
... the ability to handle specific dishes we have available here, was in serious question (specifically the 6' molded Prodelin)!
... and -now- the original web site for the manufacturer does not even work!

So, I doubt there's any chance ... none what so ever. - :(

What are the other solutions? To my knowledge, this is the only horizon to horizon motor which can handle up to 2.4 meter dishes (i use one on my Fortecstar 2.4m). To my knowledge, the only other way to move large dishes like this is with an actuator but these don't do horizon to horizon so you miss at least 1/3 of the arc.

I recall reading some months ago on another forum that the manufacturer had closed their doors; their was some hope at the time that a distributor would try to acquire the tooling. I don't know if that ever happened.

In terms of an actuator, properly configured one can get a very large fraction of the arc. You may have to fashion some brackets to keep the the parts from wedging into each other towards the extremes, but that is generally pretty easy. The natural question is what range of the arc is visible to you?

SADOUN: Can this H-H positioner be imported?

This looks like it would have strength for a large size dish. I would like to have H-H for my 10' mesh! Is anyone else interested?

Attachments

• HH46 positioner.doc
    137 KB · Views: 358
What are the other solutions?
To my knowledge, this is the only horizon to horizon motor which can handle up to 2.4 meter dishes ...
Well, I'm not saying it's a solution for you or anyone else, but mine is shown in my signature.
I went out and found two BUDs with H-H mounts under them.
The Birdview package is well known and discussed in the pages of this forum.
The AMCI is little known, but came on the AJAK-180 H-H mount.
(frankly, I wouldn't have taken the [free] AMCI if it hadn't been on an AJAK)
So, I'm good. :rolleyes:

Previously, I'd been looking for this motor to use on a 6' dish.
So, the upgrade to a pair of 8'ers (with H-H) pretty much ends my search.
Just a different way to skin the cat. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.