Jailbreak for 4.2.1 released tonight

I dont claim to know anything about iphones or ipods...my kid bought an iPod last month with the camera on the front. Is there anyway to jailbreak it?

And how the hell do you copy mp3s to it? I gave up on itunes trying to figure it out. Been spoiled too long with devices that just pop up as drive letters I guess.

You have to set up an iTunes account. You can then download your CDs into iTunes. Connect the iPod to the computer, open up iTunes, and the iPod should appear in iTunes in the left column. All you have to do is sync the iPod with iTunes and everything will transfer over

Make sure you check the songs you want to transfer to the iPod. I am assuming he has an iPod Touch since it has a camera. He can purchase APPs (many are free) on iTunes and those will sync to the iPod as well when you do a sync.

Last edited:
DodgerKing said:
I just installed Frash, but it doesn't seem to work. When I click on the Flash icons within the websites I just get an error message

Frash didn't work on mine either so I uninstalled it. For some reason Flash seems to work on my phone with out it for some reason. Put up a link to a page ur trying to view and I'll go to it on my phone and see what happens.

You have to set up an iTunes account. You can then download your CDs into iTunes. Connect the iPod to the computer, open up iTunes, and the iPod should appear in iTunes in the left column. All you have to do is sync the iPod with iTunes and everything will transfer over

Make sure you check the songs you want to transfer to the iPod. I am assuming he has an iPod Touch since it has a camera. He can purchase APPs (many are free) on iTunes and those will sync to the iPod as well when you do a sync.

You cant just import the mp3s? I dont have any cds to burn to...only have blank dvds and blurays here.

You cant just import the mp3s?
You don't "import" them. Just tell iTunes where they are (sorry, I'm on a Mac at the moment and can't tell you the menu clicks). Basically, point it to "My Music" or wherever they are. The menus on the Mac look similar -- under Tools/Settings, I think, then the Advanced tab. If you've organized your MP3s in any way, make sure you UNCHECK the option to allow iTunes to "organize" the files.

Untethered my iPhone 4 with the windows version over the weekend. Everything working ok except for the known issue with DRM protected iBooks.

Looks like I'll have something to do tonight after work. Then again, with 4.3 and 4.5 just around the corner and a rumor jailbreak being held back for those releases, not sure it's worth jailbreaking twice in two-three weeks.

Looking at what I found online, the only thing of any significances with iOS 4.3 is the ability to turn your phone into a WiFi hotspot with the purchase of their tether plan and some additional camera features.

Attachments

• image-3012372756.png
    image-3012372756.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 87
DodgerKing said:
Looking at what I found online, the only thing of any significances with iOS 4.3 is the ability to turn your phone into a WiFi hotspot with the purchase of their tether plan and some additional camera features.

I can do that now. Gotta Luv MyWi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)