Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Showtime is offering Free Trail from Friday Jan 7 to Monday Jan 10.

They have a couple premiers that weekend, Saturday is Twilight New Moon at 8pm.
Sunday is Californication and a new series Episodes starting at 9pm.
Monday a new series Shameless at 9pm.

Showtime includes channels 545-557.

Note that free previews generally do not include the On Demand channels.

------

ESPN Full Court (College Basketball) Free Trial 1/8 - 1/14

Channels 720-727

--------

NBA League Pass Jan 17-23

Channels 750-768

Last edited:
hopefully there are some good things to record. last free trial I recorded about 15 movies

Well I sub to showtime and right now on "showtime next" HD they are showing breakin??

hopefully there are some good things to record. last free trial I recorded about 15 movies

Usually during the free previews, they put their best foot forward in order to make it seem like it is always that way. LOL
So expect good programming.

How about a HBO preview? Never seen those since C band days.

Go to Dish

I think they usually offer free HBO and Cinimax where Direct offer Starz and Showtime.
Stars and Showtime are better in my opinion and HBO just plains sucks unless you are in to their original programming which I am not.

The last Preview of HBO I remember DISH having was shortly before I switched to D* and it was HBO, but for some reason it was the west coast feed of 2 HBO channels and that was it... Cold here in IL coming up this weekend so I will give it a shot. Thanks for the heads up. CC

Usually during the free previews, they put their best foot forward in order to make it seem like it is always that way. LOL
So expect good programming.

Go to Dish

I think they usually offer free HBO and Cinimax where Direct offer Starz and Showtime.
Stars and Showtime are better in my opinion and HBO just plains sucks unless you are in to their original programming which I am not.

HBO and Showtime were usually offered together for three months with Dish. However, lately, HD Platinum and Starz has been offered for 3 months. There was an excellent Cinemax deal at one time for five channels of Cinemax for a penny for a year. Dish also shows free previews of channels in higher tiers.
When we had DirecTV, at first, there seemed to always be great free previews such as the largest package for free. Now, it seems like free previews are only a few days. I wonder what gives...

The last Preview of HBO I remember DISH having was shortly before I switched to D* and it was HBO, but for some reason it was the west coast feed of 2 HBO channels and that was it... Cold here in IL coming up this weekend so I will give it a shot. Thanks for the heads up. CC

You are right. There was an HBO free preview of about three channels. However, they were the west feeds.

ESPN Full Court Free Trial 1/8 - 1/14 CH 720-727

From DirecTV TV Mail:
ESPN Full Court Free Trial.
Tune-in Jan 8-14 to Ch 720-727.
Watch the most college basketball.
Key matchups from top conferences.
For info: call 1-800 GET SPORTS.
I hope that this makes someone's day. :)

Both previews going on now in case anyone overlooked it. Fill that DVR from Showtime this weekend :D

What the heck. I just saw a commericial saying free preview yet when I go to the stations it says channel not purchased

I'm hoping they get this right by 4 so I can watch my UK bball team.

Stupid free preview is pissing me off.
I have to see the stupid banner flash up constantly with ordering information.
Blocked the damn subtitles where I couldn't read them at all.
I pay for it, so how about a discount for dealing with that crap.

Or better yet, how about just running your advertising between movies so us subscribers don't have deal with it.

Stupid free preview is pissing me off.
I have to see the stupid banner flash up constantly with ordering information.
Blocked the damn subtitles where I couldn't read them at all.
I pay for it, so how about a discount for dealing with that crap.

Or better yet, how about just running your advertising between movies so us subscribers don't have deal with it.

I think those are the banners Showtime is putting in, I think this preview is running on several providers. Not much Directv can do about Showtime advertising on their channel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts