'Jay Leno Show' format revealed

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
NBC Sets Premiere for Primetime Leno

--Josef Adalian
The Jay Leno Show" will premiere Monday, Sept. 14 at 10 p.m., NBC announced today.That's one week before the 2009-10 television season officially begins. There had been some buzz that NBC might try to get Leno on the air even earlier, perhaps the last week of August.
Source & More: tvweek.com

NBC's 'Leno Show', Thursday Comedies Get Head Start

Joe Adalian
NBC's full premiere rollout below:
SUNDAY, SEPT. 13
7-8:15 p.m. - "Football Night in America"
8:15-11 p.m. - "NBC Sunday Night Football"

MONDAY, SEPT. 14
10-11 p.m. - "THE JAY LENO SHOW" (Series Premiere)

TUESDAY, SEPT. 15
8-10 p.m. - "The Biggest Loser"
10-11 p.m. - "THE JAY LENO SHOW"

THURSDAY, SEPT. 17
8-8:30 p.m. - "Saturday Night Live Weekend Update Thursday"
8:30-9 p.m. - "Parks and Recreation"
9-9:30 p.m. - "The Office"
9:30-10 p.m. - "COMMUNITY" (series premiere - moves to Thursdays 8-8:30 p.m. on Oct. 8; "30 Rock" returns Oct. 15, 9:30-10 p.m.)

MONDAY, SEPT. 21
8-10 p.m. - "Heroes" (two hour premiere, then TRAUMA premieres 9-10 p.m. Monday, Sept. 28)

WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 23
8-9 p.m. - "PARENTHOOD" (Series Premiere)
9-10 p.m. - "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit"

FRIDAY, SEPT. 25
8-9 p.m. - "Law & Order"
9-10 p.m. - "Southland"

SATURDAY, SEPT. 26
8-9 p.m. - "Dateline NBC"
9-10 p.m. - "TRAUMA" (encore broadcast)
10-11 p.m. - "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (encore broadcast)
11:30 p.m. - 1:00 a.m. - "Saturday Night Live"
Source & More: tvweek.com

Jay Leno to roll out in style

New stage will be large enough to accommodate cars

By Paul Bond

The host, in fact, intends on driving some of his prized possessions onstage some nights.

The gambit is one reason NBC is using a larger venue than Leno has been accustomed to. Workers are busy customizing the soundstage once used by "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" and the Disney Channel sitcom "Sonny With a Chance," both of which have moved out. Leno's 10 p.m. show will be taped on the NBC lot in Burbank on Stage 11, which is even larger than the 17,000 square-foot garage that houses Leno's car collection. The largest on the lot, Stage 11 is near Leno's former "Tonight Show" home at Stage 3, which is about 5,000 square feet smaller.
Source & More: thr.com

Leno to 10:30 ?

Maybe.

From Washington Post's Lisa de Moraes (who knows her subject, usually) :

Leno at 10:30? - Moraes on TV

NBC might move Leno to a slot from 10:30 to 11:35, (or more likely 10:35 to 11:35) followed by O'Brien's Tonight Show at 11:35, with local stations doing news at 10. Subtract one hour for Central and Mountain.

Makes perfect sense to me. At least as an optional deal. Stations are not going to put up with this punting of 5 hours of primetime for very long.

Funny. It says to me that NBC has given up on being a full network and is dropping back to 2 hours a night. Hoping that moving Leno after the news will salvage their late night.

Actually a good idea.

Several markets with a strong FOX affiliate have successful 10pm Local News Shows. This would allow the NBC affiliates to fight for that slot. 10pm News Slots are very popular with the "have to wake up early for work" crowd.

The problem for NBC though, would be those that would then watch the News @ 10, and then go to bed. But some good "Next on Leno" spots might keep the viewers interested.

One of the things I have always liked about living in central time is that prime time is 7-10 not 8-11. I lived on the East Coast and 11pm news is a drag when you have to get up early for work.

It's unfortunate that NBC chose to use 5 hours per week of this. That leaves 10 hours per week of prime time for everything else. No one person is that good. Then again, I am not in their ideal demographic so they are not targeting me.

I really like Jay but I don't know about taking up 5 slots of Prime Time to do it.

I really like Jay but I don't know about taking up 5 slots of Prime Time to do it.

Given the announcement of moving the news up 1/2 hour, you can say he is back to late night. At the very least, he is only taking up 2.5 hours, with local news taking up the other 2.5.

Given the announcement of moving the news up 1/2 hour, you can say he is back to late night. At the very least, he is only taking up 2.5 hours, with local news taking up the other 2.5.

They aren't changing the time of the show. It will be from 10pm to 11pm. The local news will still come on at 11pm.

The Leno Show is going to subtract one hour from primetime. I really don't see Leno at 10pm attracting enough of an audience. NBC is one of the cheapest OTA networks, all they are trying to do is fill a timeslot 5 days a week for less than the cost of a 1 Hour Drama.

Leno is very overrated.

John