jelly bean android 4.1

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
Okay I am out but I wanted to get a thread going on this as I saw mstevo mention it. Android 4.1 is out and I have it on my nexus...seems msmith lead the release as Google really had a project called project butter, And let me tell you it really is buttery smooth....plus the notification system so far is the best I have seen....Google really has a winner on their hands with jelly bean!

It certainly am salivating over 4.1, but I think I'm going to be left out in the cold for both 4.0 and 4.1 by Motorola. Too bad, as it is comparable in many respects to the "new hotness" coming out.

I need to find out if 4G is working with an unlocked bootloader and go forward from there. I don't really want to buy a new phone right now.

Regards,

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

John Kotches said:
It certainly am salivating over 4.1, but I think I'm going to be left out in the cold for both 4.0 and 4.1 by Motorola. Too bad, as it is comparable in many respects to the "new hotness" coming out.

I need to find out if 4G is working with an unlocked bootloader and go forward from there. I don't really want to buy a new phone right now.

Regards,

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

John what phone are you using?

i am waiting for my droid razr maxx to get ice cream sandwich. some verizon customers have received the update. i haven't!

dangue said:
This seems like a real step backwards for those with Android. Lack of flash is one of the few things that left me envying Android users.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Its adobe killing adobe not Google...chrome browser has flash support and so does Firefox..so I would assume (you know what that does) that either chrome or Firefox on android will play flash stuff.

Just to update this thread...with jelly bean I have been off the charger for 4 hours...in CDMA mode only in some of the worst signal (0 to 1 bars) and I have 70% battery left...very impressed! That is with 30 text couple panorama shots at the beach phone calls And trying google now

dangue said:
This seems like a real step backwards for those with Android. Lack of flash is one of the few things that left me envying Android users.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Didn't adobe cease mobile flash development a few months back?

Sent from my iPhone

if you mean system, its 6.12.181 and that was updated, maybe 6 weeks ago. i have been on the phone with verizon. we suspect it might be because the battery level was below 50%. charging the phone and waiting for a call back around 1pm.

if you mean system, its 6.12.181 and that was updated, maybe 6 weeks ago. i have been on the phone with verizon. we suspect it might be because the battery level was below 50%. charging the phone and waiting for a call back around 1pm.
I updated this morning and was well below 50 maybe 38 and all went smooth. I did kick over to wifi from 3G though to speed things up.