Jets pick on VOOM

add me to the one that do not want $600 million out of public money for a stadium that it is going to hold 16 games per year. The jets should remain where they are and change their name to the NJ Jets. Since they left NYC, NYC has not seen a declined in revenue. Ranting Jets management who wants us tax payers to pay for their stadium, are you kidding me?

Sean Mota said:
add me to the one that do not want $600 million out of public money for a stadium that it is going to hold 16 games per year. The jets should remain where they are and change their name to the NJ Jets. Since they left NYC, NYC has not seen a declined in revenue. Ranting Jets management who wants us tax payers to pay for their stadium, are you kidding me?

Is it just for the Jets, or for the Giants also?
If it is just for the Jets, would it not be just 10 games, 2 pre-season, 8 regular and then maybe the play-offs?
And are the Jets/Nets owners going to pay any money at all for this venture?

It is only for the Jets... and you are right only 10 games. The Nets are not included on this since they are going to Brooklyn and they are building their own facility with Private money. The Jets are so crazy that someone asked them yesterday how about building a new stadium in Queens instead. The Jets were adamant about only having a new stadium on the West side. Also, the are tenants in Giant Stadium and do not know if the had renew contracts with the Giants for the stadium. As far as I concerned, they could leave NY. With all the social problems with have in the city, broken roads, broken schoos, overcrowded schools,etc they have the nerve to ask for $600 million from us tax payers.

Reading more about it, it shows that $600 million is just for the infrastructure alone and the Jets are going to pay for the Stadium, but what it does not say if they are going to get all those nice little tax breaks these types of things get.
And it say the Nets are paying for theirs with private money, but again, says nothing about the infrastructure, if the Tax Payers have to pay for that, looks to be around a billion for both( can fix a lot of roads with that).

And here in little ole Seattle in the middle of nowhere one of the headlines in today's The Seattle Times Local News section reads: "City, Sonics scale down proposal for KeyArena". The Sonics "threatened" to leave if they didn't get a $260 million tax subsidy to help rebuild KeyArea. As you can see it happens everywhere!

However, we're still enjoying HDTV under mostly cloudy Seattle skies, Gill

If they want the stadium so bad the Jets and Woody should pay for it.. and build it in Queens and nit Manhattan..

The stadium is also going to be part of the Javits Convention Center when it is not used as a stadium.

Yes, I think you are right but since it was just an...

who_the said:
Sheesh, isn't Key Arena less than 10 years old?

"upgrade" of the old Seattle Center Colliseum and the Mariners have a new stadium and the Seahawks have a new stadium--think you get the picture!

However, still watching HDTV under who needs a stadium to enjoy outdoor sports Seattle skies, Gill

Sorry, Gang Green fan here. The Jets deserve their own stadium. The problem is that where they want it SUCKS for fans. Terrible, terrible spot. Keep in mind also that this is really one of the contingencies for the Olympics as well.

Also, the Giants are getting a new stadium in the Meadowlands complex, and so the Jets will not be able to continue to lease Giants Stadium.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)