Jim McKay Has Passed Away

BillD1984

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 9, 2008
MA
When I think of the Olympic Games and Wide World of Sports, the first person I think of is Jim McKay. R.I.P. Jim......you are a true sports on TV legend.

iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
truly sad news. jim and the tragedy at the munich olympics is what i always remember. the man was pure class the way he handled the events that unfolded.

i can also remember the very first wide world of sports.....i think it was the summer of 1962 because we had just moved to syracuse, ny and were staying in a motel while our home was being built.

jim will be missed very, very much :(

Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 7, 2008
Matawan New Jersey
He was a fixture on Saturday & Sunday afternoons in our household on the ABC Wide World of Sports.He was one of the "Best of the Best".He will be missed.

BillD1984

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 9, 2008
MA
Once upon a time, ABC had the likes of Jim McKay and Chris Schenkel. Jim and Chris are now in that great broadcast booth in the sky..................and now we have ESPN/ABC and are stuck with the likes of Chris Berman and Stuart Scott. We've come a long way baby. Not!!! :mad:

SabresRule

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
A true great in sports broadcasting.

"The thrill of victory... and the agony of defeat!"

He'll never be forgottten.

I have a 'Wide World of Sports' DVD, so I'll always have the memories.

Paul Wozniak

Paul Wozniak

SatelliteGuys Master
Oct 26, 2005
Hamtramck,MI
A true great in sports broadcasting.

"The thrill of victory... and the agony of defeat!"

He'll never be forgottten.

I have a 'Wide World of Sports' DVD, so I'll always have the memories.

I loved "Wide World of Sports" when I was a kid. The Munich Olympics was his finest moment in sports broadcasting. He brought humanity to a tragic event.

iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
I loved "Wide World of Sports" when I was a kid. The Munich Olympics was his finest moment in sports broadcasting. He brought humanity to a tragic event.

wide world of sports dvd? what's the exact title, i would love to order. saturday wasn't saturday without jim.