Jim McKay Has Passed Away

When I think of the Olympic Games and Wide World of Sports, the first person I think of is Jim McKay. R.I.P. Jim......you are a true sports on TV legend.

truly sad news. jim and the tragedy at the munich olympics is what i always remember. the man was pure class the way he handled the events that unfolded.

i can also remember the very first wide world of sports.....i think it was the summer of 1962 because we had just moved to syracuse, ny and were staying in a motel while our home was being built.

jim will be missed very, very much :(

Once upon a time, ABC had the likes of Jim McKay and Chris Schenkel. Jim and Chris are now in that great broadcast booth in the sky..................and now we have ESPN/ABC and are stuck with the likes of Chris Berman and Stuart Scott. We've come a long way baby. Not!!! :mad:

A true great in sports broadcasting.

"The thrill of victory... and the agony of defeat!"

He'll never be forgottten.

I have a 'Wide World of Sports' DVD, so I'll always have the memories.

A true great in sports broadcasting.

"The thrill of victory... and the agony of defeat!"

He'll never be forgottten.

I have a 'Wide World of Sports' DVD, so I'll always have the memories.

I loved "Wide World of Sports" when I was a kid. The Munich Olympics was his finest moment in sports broadcasting. He brought humanity to a tragic event.

I loved "Wide World of Sports" when I was a kid. The Munich Olympics was his finest moment in sports broadcasting. He brought humanity to a tragic event.

wide world of sports dvd? what's the exact title, i would love to order. saturday wasn't saturday without jim.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts