Jim Tressel: The column you WON'T read in Sports Illustrated

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry you are a fan of a coach and team that cheats. You seem to think that yelling "NOT!!!" really loudly is some form of rebutal. It isn't. Outlaw State, a corrupt program with a total lack of institutional control, and JT, a lifetime cheat hired by Outlaw State for the purpose of rebuilding the faded Outlaw State program via cheating, got caught. Most liars, cheats, and hypocrites eventually are. These are fact, not opinons, not one side of a story, just simply facts.

You are in denial. Dan Patrick had a great disertation on denial and the Outlaw State fanbase on Wednesday, well worth listening to.

In the end, he was a coach that made it a habit of looking the other way when his players broke the rules, and also a liar for lying about his knowledge of said rules.

It would be one thing if it was just recent, but it's been a habit of his since he was at Youngstown St. He's a liar that allows his players to break the rules, end of story.

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner. Everyone forgets about his previous Job..Give me a break, do I agree with the way the NCAA runs its business, in exploiting these kids? No. There are rules, and this guy broke them. This is not a one time deal as previously stated.

Moral of the story? A man should be judged on his life's work and not the highlights or lowlights
Yes, you are right, but sadly, that's not the society we live in. Political opponents or the media will point out that a 55-year old man/woman running for some office smoked a joint in college.... and that somehow disqualifies them ?

I am sorry you are a fan of a coach and team that cheats. You seem to think that yelling "NOT!!!" really loudly is some form of rebutal. It isn't. Outlaw State, a corrupt program with a total lack of institutional control, and JT, a lifetime cheat hired by Outlaw State for the purpose of rebuilding the faded Outlaw State program via cheating, got caught. Most liars, cheats, and hypocrites eventually are. These are fact, not opinons, not one side of a story, just simply facts.

You are in denial. Dan Patrick had a great disertation on denial and the Outlaw State fanbase on Wednesday, well worth listening to.

I don't have time to listen to Dan Patrick, I have a job and work for a living.

As for your OUTLAW STATE, I'm still not sure what your talking about, seeing there is NO OUTLAW STATE in the NCAA .

Learn to respect the schools or don't talk about them.

It's not like this it the first school ever to do this and I'm sure it won't be the last and it's not the ONLY one that is doing it NOW.

I guess Auburns coach is fine though, he didn't tell the NCAA about Newton , but thats OK, and you KNOW he (dad) took the money an ran, how is that any different ?

I sure hope when the NCAA comes out with the info on that issue you are 1000 % on his case as well.

However, we KNOW you won't be.

The thing that I think Tressel's fans forget is that he has influenced/taught all these college students that it's okay to look the other way and lie. His position as a mentor to all those young men was to instill in them good values and football--in that order. He was the person to whom they looked for guidance and inspiration. He failed them all throughout his career. I think that's a horrendous legacy and not worthy of support. Don't you want better for your children?

The thing that I think Tressel's fans forget is that he has influenced/taught all these college students that it's okay to look the other way and lie. His position as a mentor to all those young men was to instill in them good values and football--in that order. He was the person to whom they looked for guidance and inspiration. He failed them all throughout his career. I think that's a horrendous legacy and not worthy of support. Don't you want better for your children?

So, you think he did this 100 % of the time with ALL the students he had anything to do with .... amazing, you REALLY don't know ANYTHING about the man, do you.

And imagine, this was suppose to be the thread that we could look at the positive that the man has done , untill the detractors came along, thanks guys.
Why not just merge the two threads, they are now one in the same anyways.

He's been doing the same things throughout his career. All his current players say they knew what was going on, so why would you believe his other players didn't know? Many have come forward to say they did. His influence was at work even if you don't acknowledge it.

He's been doing the same things throughout his career. All his current players say they knew what was going on, so why would you believe his other players didn't know? Many have come forward to say they did. His influence was at work even if you don't acknowledge it.

I never said anything like that.
Tress deals with alot more people than just the players on his team.

Let me be perfectly clear about something. Jim Tressel is a good human being. And he provided the kids he coached guidance and much needed mentoring. The lives he's touched should not be marred by the recent scandal.

Below are a few excerpts from a well written column about the real Jim Tressel....

The Man Who Wasn't There | Eleven Warriors

Haha. Whatever. Boy, you ain't just drinking the "Jim Tressell" kool-aid, you got your face all the way down in that punch-bowl.

Great, we have another person here just to bash others.

What kind of people do you think will stick to this forum, what kind of people do you think the demeaner of this forum attracts? Without any effort to curb the bashing, the insults, the back and forth you can expect more and more of this.

You say people have to respect the school, but with few exceptions the posters here don't even respect each other, so good luck with that.

I agree with most of the stuff said about Tressel in this thread, but the childish stuff like Outlaw State (which you should just ignore rather than state over and over 'there's no Outlaw State') goes right along with things like Belicheat that just makes it look like you're arguing with a 12 year old and you won't win, and the mods aren't exactly eager to step in either. All the instigating, insults, and the general demeanor of the posters here are why this is the last place I go for sports discussion, because people are more concerned with slinging mud that discussing sports. As long as they click a few banner ads, or at least let them load on the page, management seems to be cool with all of this though.

It could be worse, you should see all the spamming Poke does in the other forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts