Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Was watching the "cubs on WGN 60 year" thing (was on yesterday) and they were talking about being on satellite. They talked to Jimmy Buffett (Mr Margaritaville) and he was talking about how he watched the Cubs (the following is no verbatim but close)

"I had this big old 8 meter dish with a LNA on it and we had to go out with wrenches to turn it to get the specific stations. We had markings for each station and WGN was one of them and thats how I got to see the Cubs"

Kinda cool to hear a celeb had a C-Band dish back in the day (and yes he did say LNA) :D

Go Jimmy. :up

One of my favorites. :D

"I'd Rather Die While I'm Living Then Live When I'm Dead." - Growing Older But Not Up - Jimmy Buffett :cool:

Kinda cool to hear a celeb had a C-Band dish back in the day (and yes he did say LNA) :D

I remember a popular Satellite Ad in the 80's that said that Larry Bird's Mother watched all his basketball games from her Indiana home , I believe it was using...... of course a Birdview .
:D

Was watching the "cubs on WGN 60 year" thing (was on yesterday) and they were talking about being on satellite. They talked to Jimmy Buffett (Mr Margaritaville) and he was talking about how he watched the Cubs (the following is no verbatim but close)

"I had this big old 8 meter dish with a LNA on it and we had to go out with wrenches to turn it to get the specific stations. We had markings for each station and WGN was one of them and thats how I got to see the Cubs"

8 meter.....holy cow! :eek:

I used to kinda like Mr. B......till I found out he was a Cubs fan. ;)

Die hard St. Louis Cards fan here.....

:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)