mattb

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Columbus, OH, USA
Came across this :

http://www.skyangel.com/About/Career.asp?IdS=00136B-ED74A00&x=002|007|001&~=

Looks like they plan to build an Uplink in Cleveland, TN and not Flordia. I guess that logical, you dont want your whole DBS service to go down everytime a hurricane goes thru.

If their hiring a Broadcast Engineer, I would suspect they may be closer to an uplink facility than they have been in the past.

--Matt

That is interesting. Hopefully it does indicate they're getting closer.

With the current troubles getting Echostar to fix the uplink, they may have decided they need to get their own uplink going quickly.

Yes I was told at the Satellite Expo they were abandoning the idea of having the uplink in Florida and we going to build on in TN. I didn't say anything because I was told a press release would be coming out within a few days but I have not seen anything yet.

I do hope SkyAngel can get their uplink running ASAP, Dish Network is killing these guys by not playing nice (thats my opinion of course)

The only problem is even with their own uplink facility they are still at mercy of E* until they build and launch their on DBS satellite at 61.5

If Skyangel took on uplinking their own content to E-3, wonder if E* would cut some slack and let them have a transponder back??? I would suspect that skyangel doing their own uplinking would save Echostar some resources.

If Skyangel started doing their own activations, how would that play for folks that have E* and SA* both? Wouldnt seperate authorzation systems create issues?

Will be interesting to see how things play out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts