Joey 2.0 vs 4k Joey picture Quality

bucktooth

Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
New to Dish, very satisfied so far on H3 picture quality depending which channel your watching, and operation of H3. I am coming from Directv . But I am new to the Joeys, did not have a Genie. Does anybody know if the Joeys actually process the video signal or are they just a relay station so to speak. Picture quality is lacking in my opinion from my second room Joey. Was getting better Directv picture using a hdmi switch. Would a 4k Joey produce a better picture, could not find any info on search. I have a feeling they don't process video but maybe someone can enlighten me.

New to Dish, very satisfied so far on H3 picture quality depending which channel your watching, and operation of H3. I am coming from Directv . But I am new to the Joeys, did not have a Genie. Does anybody know if the Joeys actually process the video signal or are they just a relay station so to speak. Picture quality is lacking in my opinion from my second room Joey. Was getting better Directv picture using a hdmi switch. Would a 4k Joey produce a better picture, could not find any info on search. I have a feeling they don't process video but maybe someone can enlighten me.
Make sure that your Joey has video set properly. Menu, Settings, TV, Video Resolution.... It probably should be set to 1080i/P.

Reactions: bmetelsky
Also check the "Adjust Screen" setting on that same screen. I know when I first got my Joey 2, it defaulted to a setting where it was zoomed in a couple clicks, making it look a worse.

Reactions: bmetelsky
Also check the "Adjust Screen" setting on that same screen. I know when I first got my Joey 2, it defaulted to a setting where it was zoomed in a couple clicks, making it look a worse.

Thanks guys will check both those suggestions when I get off work. Still curious if the Joeys process video.

Screen Resolution and Adjust Screen no issues found. Will go back to hdmi switch directly from H3 to second room and see what I get.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)