Joey 3

HipKat

HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL
If you swap Joeys (move the Joey with the problem to another TV, and put the Joey from that TV on the 4K TV instead) and the problem stays with the 4K TV, then it is some kind of compatibility issue between the Joey and your TV. If the problem stays with the Joey, causing problems on the other TV, then it is a bad Joey. (Or, as HipKat said, it could be a problem with the cabling to that room, causing the problem with the 4K TV.)
Exactly! Great advice - could be feedback via the HDMI cable - maybe try a different input

J

jackson85

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 13, 2012
Robinson, Illinois, United States
If you swap Joeys (move the Joey with the problem to another TV, and put the Joey from that TV on the 4K TV instead) and the problem stays with the 4K TV, then it is some kind of compatibility issue between the Joey and your TV. If the problem stays with the Joey, causing problems on the other TV, then it is a bad Joey. (Or, as HipKat said, it could be a problem with the cabling to that room, causing the problem with the 4K TV.)

P

peggy97850

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 16, 2012
Western US
Is there a reason why Dish requires a tech install to replace Joey2 with Joey3? Isn't it just a simple swap & then run setup?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Bobby

Bobby

Publican
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Rohnert Park, CA
Is there a reason why Dish requires a tech install to replace Joey2 with Joey3? Isn't it just a simple swap & then run setup?
It's a simple swap. I simply unplugged my Joey 2 and put the 3 in its place. Once connected get it activated and all is well...

P

peggy97850

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 16, 2012
Western US
It's a simple swap. I simply unplugged my Joey 2 and put the 3 in its place. Once connected get it activated and all is well...
Thanks, thats what I thought, but the rep says it requires a (free) tech visit. Waste of time for the tech (& for me) IMO.

charlesrshell

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
Same thing happened to me. I just want to swap out one of my 4KJs for a J3. I got no where with them except a technician has to do it. I am going to try again sometime.

Dudleydog73

Dudleydog73

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I've said it before, but Joey 1's are good for one thing...target practice. ;)

To the OP, its probably obvious from the thread so far, but it's well worth the effort to make sure you get a Joey 3.
Im still rolling with my Joey2. Havent seen a Joey3 to compare but the 2 works just fine with my Hopper3.