Joey Lease Question

rstark18

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
I got a Hopper/Joey setup when they were first released. At the time (the way I understood it) I had to lease a Joey if I leased a hopper. My leases are $10 (soon to be $12) and $7. With the new increases coming I looked over my bill and decided to make a few changes.

First off, I know I can purchase my own Joey but will I run into any problems when I return the leased unit? I'm hoping that it's just a straight forward swap out from their unit to mine. Are their any requirements that I have a LEASED Joey if I have a leased Hopper?

Also on the chopping block is going from AT250 to AT200. I honestly won't miss anything and it's something I should have done long ago.

They would have got more money from me if they hadn't raised the package price $5 and hardware $2. I'm sure thats not the case with most though.

Owned or leased, each Joey costs $7. Sucks, I know. One thing that you might appreciate about an owned Joey is the fact that you get to keep it even if you have Dish deauthorize it. So... If you only need a Joey for a month a year, you can pay your $7 for that month alone, and that's it. With a leased Joey, you'd have to return the Joey if you had it deauthorized.

You can purchase your own, but you won't save any money. The only thing you gain is the ability to turn it off and on as you see fit and not have to return it (say, if you only want to use the Joey one week a month or something). With a leased one, if you deactivate it then you have to return it to Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts