Joey Pixelation.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You are allowed to have up to two Wallys on an account with a Hopper, but they would both have to be purchased. Also, they do not integrate with the Hopper. You would need to add your own external hard drives to the Wallys in order to have DVR functionality on them. So, there would be a little bit of an expense up-front to switch. However, it would resolve the pixilation issue for those two rooms. Perhaps the other two Joeys could be replaced with Fire sticks so you could stream using the Dish Anywhere app instead of using a Joey. In that case, it would actually lower your monthly bill, by eliminating those receiver fees, in addition to saving you money by not purchasing the local channels.

Great idea on the Firestick. I do own 3 and wasn't aware I could add Dish Anywhere app.
Thanks

For me, at least, when the Joey has the pixelation, the DA on FireStick does not work usefully either. I was close to canceling until I found out that I could change to an OTA channel, wait a few seconds, then switch back to the channel I was on and the pixelation is gone till the next day.

I have a Hopper 3 with 2 joey 3's. The pixelation is so bad. When I have the dual tuner OTA adapter plugged in to the hopper they are practically useless. I plugged my old single tuner OTA adapter in but the OTA channels on the joeys are pixelated. Fine on the Hopper. Why does Dish ignore us?

For me, at least, when the Joey has the pixelation, the DA on FireStick does not work usefully either. I was close to canceling until I found out that I could change to an OTA channel, wait a few seconds, then switch back to the channel I was on and the pixelation is gone till the next day.

Do you do this on the Joey or Hopper itself?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a Hopper 3 with 2 joey 3's. The pixelation is so bad. When I have the dual tuner OTA adapter plugged in to the hopper they are practically useless. I plugged my old single tuner OTA adapter in but the OTA channels on the joeys are pixelated. Fine on the Hopper. Why does Dish ignore us?

They don’t like to admit software issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been noticing the same issue on my 2 joey's the past 2 evenings, but mine have started around 3:00 CST. I did replace my OTA adapter about 4 weeks ago as my origianl one had died, but they pixelation has seemed to only been happening for me the last couple of days. A reboot of the hopper seems to fix the issue, guess I will see if it happens again this evening also.

As other people have stated. If it is freezing on satellite channels, switch to an OTA channel and then back to a satellite channel. That has worked every time the last 6 times I have had to do this over the past 3 months or so. Changing to another satellite channel will do nothing to fix the issue. You must change to an OTA channel and back to the satellite channel.

Reactions: joegr
I'm glad I found this thread. I've been experiencing the Joey pixelization issue for about 6 months. I have a H3 w/OTA, and 2 J3's. DISH has been out twice. First, they put a new cable on one of the Joey's from the wall. Of course, that didn't help. They replaced the H3 last time. It helped for 2 days, then right back to the pixelization. For me, switching to an OTA channel and back to a satellite channel doesn't help. The H3 has to be rebooted. I am hesitant to call DISH again, because they don't seem to have a clue, and they will just send a tech back out.

My H3/OTA are behind the TV (TV is above the fireplace), and I've noticed that if the H3 connected TV has been on for a few hours, and then I go to the TV with the J3, that is when I get the pixelization. If the H3 TV has not been on, the Joey TV's will work fine. That does lead me to believe it's a heat related issue, but doesn't explain why a H3 reboot cures it.

I'm hopeful that the next software release will help.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I'm glad I found this thread. I've been experiencing the Joey pixelization issue for about 6 months. I have a H3 w/OTA, and 2 J3's. DISH has been out twice. First, they put a new cable on one of the Joey's from the wall. Of course, that didn't help. They replaced the H3 last time. It helped for 2 days, then right back to the pixelization. For me, switching to an OTA channel and back to a satellite channel doesn't help. The H3 has to be rebooted. I am hesitant to call DISH again, because they don't seem to have a clue, and they will just send a tech back out.
On the other hand, if you don't call Dish again, then they will think that the previous tech visit actually fixed the problem for you. Dish needs to hear from as many customers with this problem as possible (and as often as possible) so that they will give this issue enough of a priority to actually get it fixed.

On the other hand, if you don't call Dish again, then they will think that the previous tech visit actually fixed the problem for you. Dish needs to hear from as many customers with this problem as possible (and as often as possible) so that they will give this issue enough of a priority to actually get it fixed.
Dish Support is monitoring this thread and the many others here where subs are complaining about this issue. Shouldn't they be passing it along to the proper folks at Dish? Why should I have to contact Dish through chat or phone to inform them of something that they can't throw hardware at to correct?

Dish Support is monitoring this thread and the many others here where subs are complaining about this issue. Shouldn't they be passing it along to the proper folks at Dish? Why should I have to contact Dish through chat or phone to inform them of something that they can't throw hardware at to correct?
Because if Dish Support were actually responding to every individual who posts in one of these threads, that is exactly what Dish Support would tell them to do. For problems like this, Dish needs account-specific information, and that private information is something that Dish Support cannot collect through this site. It makes me miss the old DIRT days, when everything could be handled here through private conversations. That is not the way it works now, though.

Because if Dish Support were actually responding to every individual who posts in one of these threads, that is exactly what Dish Support would tell them to do. For problems like this, Dish needs account-specific information, and that private information is something that Dish Support cannot collect through this site. It makes me miss the old DIRT days, when everything could be handled here through private conversations. That is not the way it works now, though.
You're still not getting it. Why is account specific information needed for this software problem affecting many subs? If it was, why isn't Dish Support asking us to call or chat about it with that info? A lot of us remember the DIRT days, but that has no bearing on this issue.

We've been told that Dish is aware of this huge issue. Not by Dish themselves, but by techs monitoring the Tech Portal. Calling or chatting with Dish about this issue will get you nowhere and will not fix the problem. You can have all of your hardware swapped out, dish repeaked, and new cables run (like some here have done) and the problem will still be there.

• Sad
...Why is account specific information needed for this software problem affecting many subs? ...
I am not sure about this specific problem, but many times in the past, this type of software issue would not affect every single receiver of the same model. So, they need more specific information, such as receiver numbers, in order to try to narrow down what the hardware incompatibility issue may be, in order to explain why the software seems to work fine on certain receivers and/or under certain circumstances, but not others. The more information Dish can gather on the problem, the closer they can come to finding a solution.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I am not sure about this specific problem, but many times in the past, this type of software issue would not affect every single receiver of the same model. So, they need more specific information, such as receiver numbers, in order to try to narrow down what the hardware incompatibility issue may be, in order to explain why the software seems to work fine on certain receivers and/or under certain circumstances, but not others. The more information Dish can gather on the problem, the closer they can come to finding a solution.
Again: If it was in this case, why isn't Dish Support asking us to call or chat about it with that info?

They're not, so they must have all the info they need to fix this software issue!!

Evidently they don't care about fixing it. Which is a shame considering that the whole house dvr has been their focus since they came out with the original hopper back in 2011. It is sad I have to now put a Wally in the place of my 4k joey because of constant pixelation . Shouldn't have to do that to watch tv in my bedroom.

This seems like the problem I am having. I am disconnecting my OTA dongle tonight and restarting everything. I have been getting errors every once in a while from the dongle for the last month or two, now that I think about it.

The best way to report is by phone or chat on the dish website. That way they can get specific about your setup and know who is having problems abd what your hardware situation is. Maybe it will speed up the solution.

Insist they report it to tech support, please.

• Love
Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)