Joey RCA composite to second TV

I'm going to go back to the setup, Kinghawk. You have an input button on the front right of the monitor, you want to press that until you get to AV. Because you are seeing a black and white picture while you have the yellow RCA plug plugged into The top input of component, that tells me that your input is set to component, not AV. You need to setup exactly like it shows in the manual, just pretend it is a Joey not a VCR:
Screenshot 2023-07-14 at 5.35.34 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-07-14 at 5.36.28 PM.png

I've been using a Monoprice powered HDMI splitter on my Joey 3 and on the Joey1 before that ever since the Hopper 2000/Joey thing came out. I've never experienced any problem with HDCP. One side goes to a Sanyo HDTV the other goes to a Sony D50Q "three eyed projector" with a Moome card in it but it also worked before the Moome card with an HDMI to component adapter. If you have a good quality splitter it should be OK.

Hdcp? Not familiar

Sounds like DISH developed the Joeys so you can’t mirror signal. So you have to rent another Joey

You're getting a B&W picture which is exactly what would be expected if you connected the Joey up as shown in your picture. The Joey can absolutely output over HDMI and composite at the same time.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I've been using a Monoprice powered HDMI splitter on my Joey 3 and on the Joey1 before that ever since the Hopper 2000/Joey thing came out. I've never experienced any problem with HDCP. One side goes to a Sanyo HDTV the other goes to a Sony D50Q "three eyed projector" with a Moome card in it but it also worked before the Moome card with an HDMI to component adapter. If you have a good quality splitter it should be OK.
I think the only time one would have a HDCP problem is if the input is HDMI and the output goes to either Component, SVideo or Composite if you think about it.

The S-video connector also carries right and left stereo audio.
No it doesn't, only HDMI carries the audio. Component carries the colors in three separate cables. Composite and S-Video are both only for video. From what I understand back when S-Video first came out was if the 3D Comb Filter was better in the source equipment than the TV, to use S-Video and if the TV has a better 3D Comb Filter than the source equipment, to use Composite, atleast that was how it was with LaserDisc Players and SuperVHS VCRs. Here is a good discussion of it:

The audio for both composite and Component can be carried with 75 Ohm RCA SP/DIF or Toslink should it be digital or the regular stereo RCA cables.

"S-video has higher quality than composite video because it uses two channels to encode video information, while composite video uses one channel. S-video separates the black-and-white and color signals using conductors, which improves image quality and eliminates visual defects like dot crawl. S-video is also known as Separate-video, Y/C Separated video, or Super-video."