Joey remote distance?

I have a 1h 2j system and one of the Joeys has a modulator on it to feed the kitchen and spa room. The HDMI is on a 50 foot equalized cable to my office, in the front of the house. The kitchen is kitty corner to the office and the spa room is at the back of the house. When the joey was in the office, the remote in the kitchen and spa room did not work very good. The walls in this 1957 built cape cod are steel lath with plaster covering and the joes remotes do not work even at 30 feet. I moved the joey to the mid point (a book shelf in the dining room) and all remotes work fine. That was my solution. My test was moving the joey by itself, only wire was to a tvt attached to it to see the menu and that told me the location was ok as all remotes worked before I moved the wiring, which passed that location to get to the office, so I did not have to extend any cables. Just one new run, the HDMI. (I first used HDMI over ethernet, but during one storm, one unit blew, so I went with just cable)

Is there a way you can move the modulator from the Joey to one of your Hoppers? Maybe the remote will work better with the Hopper.

I find the remote works better with the Hopper since it has an external antenna and can be extended if needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)