Joey shows starting when powered on

billspin

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2012
Colorado
I have had 1-Hopper and 3-Joeys for a couple of weeks and am still discovering new things about this system every day. One of the Joeys does not act like the other two, normally when I turn on the tv and the Joey it starts right away. One of the Joeys will show the message Starting and take some time to come on. Sometimes the only way I can get in on is by pressing the start button on the front and holding it in, performing a reset. I know by doing this it is like rebooting / restarting so it will take some time, but it should act like the other 2 normally. I have called support and they walked me through un-pairing and re-pairing the remote. Not a fix for the problem I was experiencing. I believe it is a bad joey. I had a bad Hopper on initial installation so I know it happens. Anybody else experiencing this issue? Thanks Bill

Idk about your exact issue but I've noticed with multi joey installs, a joey with rg59 seems to lag a little during install. What type of cable is running to your slow joe?

Not sure of the exact type but all of the Joeys are being fed with exactly the same coax, that was installed when the house was built with a complete pre-wire.

No switched outlet. In an outlet that is never powered down with the TV. A new twist yesterday in addition to the power issue I lost the ability to use the remote for the TV. I discovered the remote was put back to Extended Enabled, I had disabled this. IDK Go Figure, New Technology and bugs, I mean Features!

Will Dish Activate a Receiver I Buy?

What is the Max length of cable run?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts