Joey skipped over linking to hopper and stuck on activation screen!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mikemorin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
Southern Indiana
Has anyone had this problem? The remote wasn't linked to the Joey so we used the front panel buttons to select resolution. Then after that choice we hit system info on Joey so we could pair the remote, after pairing remote it skipped linking with Hopper and started the activation screen. It just sits and sits no activation. we can see it on the whole home on the hopper but it's unlinked and we try to select it to link to but just sits on unlinked...we have tried resetting the hopper and joey but no luck. Any suggestions??

Already tried that method also! It's just stuck on the activation screen won't go into stand-by or anything when we reset joey it comes right back up to step 6 of 6. Wish there was a way to reset the Joey completely and start the wizard over again.

I don't know if it exists, but I wonder if there is a little push button reset on the Joey, like the ones on routers (push with a bent paperclip)? I'm sure you've tried, but unplugging it from everything (power, Coax, AV connections) for 15 minutes, might help, but from the sounds of it it wont. I wish I knew more to help you out. Might try PM'ing a DIRT member.

This works with factory software only: Reset Joey, when Teardrop cursor disappears hit menu repeatedly to get into menu, select settings, press Play-Play-Stop on remote, scroll to bottom of page and select tools, select Cold NVM Boot, Joey should reset and go back to beginning of install wizard if not reset factory defaults next and reset by unplugging Joey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts