Joey Slow Lately

I'm curious if the new software (which I don't have yet) did anything for the Joey speed? Would love to hear a before/after and see if it helped. Or I guess I could just wait for my update and see.
I've seen a thread about new software for the HWS (S517, was S515), but no changes to the Joey software. They do not always update together, if I'm not mistaken.

Do these problems with slowness seem to occur often? Do they affect most Joeys or just a small percentage?
No one here can answer that. Technically speaking, it should impact ALL Joeys.

I didn't realize that about the Hopper. I just can't remember mine doing it, but it may have. I know the joey had a larger percentage.

I'm seeing a lot of lag on my wireless Joey.. even on material from the Hopper DVR... the wireless signal strength is showing green. This seems to have only started a few weeks ago.

My wireless Joey signal is Good, but channels are getting garbled and it's VERY slow. It worked fine in the Summer/Fall and was farther away from the wireless signal. The kicker is that when I turn the Joey on, the Hopper it's connected to is painfully slow (button clicks, guide, etc.) As with zim2dive this issue started a few weeks ago. We don't use it very much in the winter, so I haven't made it a priority to really dig in and figure out what is wrong. Don't know what software version, but can get it if needed.

My Wireless Joey updated to software version S479 on the 23rd. Last weekend (1/17) it was unusable. This past weekend, it was working fine (Hopper and wireless Joey.) Hopper is using S602 (updated on 1/16). I'm assuming the Joey update on the 23rd did the trick!

I notice the Joeys are improved with 388, but still not as fast or responsive as the Hopper. It seems a lot better than it had been though.
They might never be as fast as they have lesser hardware. On the other hand, they don't do as much (processing-wise).