Joey Slow Lately

FYI, my joey was nearly useless last night.. Did a plug reboot and it's tolerable, but not great.

I was just about to start a new thread on this. My Joey is stupid slow doing ANYTHING. Try to do a search on it. It's nearly impossible. The cursor either bounces all over the place or is delayed so bad it seems like its not working at all. One push of the page down button on the guide causes it to go two pages down. Sometimes it wont page up at all until I lower the cursor from the top line on the guide to the second line. It's been doing those last 2 things for a long time but now it does them only slower after the last update. It's a major PITA to use now.
Same here. I gave up trying to search anything. It's literally impossible. It's crazy because when I use the TV with the actual Hopper it seems so incredibly fast. This Joey's gotta go. I guess I'll roll the dice after the holidays hoping I get something faster and at least tolerable.

Obviously this is a widespread issue, so what needs to happen for Dish to take notice and fix it? The Joey is barely functional at this point.

Obviously this is a widespread issue, so what needs to happen for Dish to take notice and fix it? The Joey is barely functional at this point.
A software update likely. After they locate the issue. Send the DIrT team a pm and describe your issue, including start time, software version, and any work arounds you may find temporarily, and they will submit that off and hopefully help identify the issue.

No one from Dish (DIRT) has read this thread ? :coco

People commented that the slowdown didn't follow a s/w update. Many people saw the same thing happen a while back with Hoppers as well (myself included). In the case of the Hoppers, the folks in the engineering group seemed to locate the problem fairly easily and fixed it. Still odd how they can occur out of the blue like that... I wonder if it's related to already existing code that Dish can turn on/off on-the-fly ? They may have enabled something, clearly not obvious to the end-user, that is causing this.

It only seems to be with the regular Joeys. The Wireless Joeys don't seem to have any issues at all. My regular Joey is slow but not so slow that it really bothers me all that much. The low batteries in my remote are more of a bother.

My Super Joey and HWS are lightning fast - the two Joeys have been slow for a while but got SLOWER after 515 hit. I can't imagine Netflix working on these Joeys without them vomiting all over the carpet. No wonder Dish waited on Netflix for the Joey - clearly other stuff to fix first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Recall that Vivek Khemka said he wasn't happy with the speed of the Joey, that was about a year or more ago. Dish knows there's an issue.

My original Joey is crippled too.

A year ago or more and it appears to be getting worse... They've released the Super Joey and the wireless Joey in that time.

Very disappointing to hear about slow Joeys. I thought one of Dish's things it had going for it was equipment. I am with Uverse month to month (mediocre PQ is growing on me haha), and I am still considering switching to Dish. However, I one thing I can't stand is laggy technology. This would be a huge issue for me if I went with Dish.

Are people having a problem with Hoppers and/or Super Joeys as well?

One thing to keep in mind is it is not all Joeys. Hoppers I haven't really heard of to many issues, as far as lagging goes. The SJ, I honestly do not hear to much about. I know my roommate CSR hates troubleshooting them, and says when she gets a call for one, it's always a PITA by the equipment itself(her comparison was the old 922 and how many issues it had). I just haven't seen anything posted online in comparison myself. All my joeys operate great, if that means anything to you, except for a minor freeze every so often... Not often enough to be a bother, and changing which hopper they look at fixes the issue immediately. Just to throw it all at you, at once. Lol.

One thing to keep in mind is it is not all Joeys. Hoppers I haven't really heard of to many issues, as far as lagging goes. The SJ, I honestly do not hear to much about. I know my roommate CSR hates troubleshooting them, and says when she gets a call for one, it's always a PITA by the equipment itself(her comparison was the old 922 and how many issues it had). I just haven't seen anything posted online in comparison myself. All my joeys operate great, if that means anything to you, except for a minor freeze every so often... Not often enough to be a bother, and changing which hopper they look at fixes the issue immediately. Just to throw it all at you, at once. Lol.

Thanks for the reply! What do you mean "changing which hopper they look at fixes it immediately?"

If you have a multiple hopper solution, the joey can link to either, via menu controls. I just change that.

The Hoppers definitely had a "lag" issue some time back. It was acknowledged and fixed or certainly improved. Same with the current complaints about lag on Joeys. It's been mentioned here at this site that Dish is aware of it and working on it.

I'm curious if the new software (which I don't have yet) did anything for the Joey speed? Would love to hear a before/after and see if it helped. Or I guess I could just wait for my update and see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)